About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Manager of Buying Operations will be responsible for day to day operational tasks of the central team across the divisions Menswear, Womenswear, Tailored, Jeans and Kids.
The Buying Operations team is responsible for managing the purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Sourcing, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports to the Senior Manager Buying Operations. The candidate should have an eye for process alignment and best practice sharing within own team and with external teams. The position requires good communication and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Cross divisional collaboration between Buying & Planning and the Buying Operations team. Ensuring effective hand over of order book from B&P team and ensuring collaboration with inbound/warehouse & order fulfilment team so that Buying Operations team delivers an order book each season according to set KPI of OTA.
- Maintaining a team of “A” players. Ensuring a strong and well performing team of coordinators. Managing workloads of the team and keeping to deadlines.
- Monitor day to day activities of the Buying Operations team, ensuring alignment across divisions (e.g. MSW, WSW, TLD, JNS & KIDS) in terms of operational excellence. Pursue structures that improve efficiencies and that are in alignment with functional objectives. Collaborate with internal departments and external partners to collaborate and align divisions.
- Participate in cross company projects or lead smaller internal initiatives. Collaborate with internal departments and external partners to collaborate and align divisions.
- Ensure there is visibility for Management on KPI/Order book status, challenges. Overview.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a supply chain role in an international fast moving environment, managing teams.
- Ability to understand complex (supply chain) processes, and general understanding of business and IT related processes.
- Passion for process improvement and driving change.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with ad hoc deadlines.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset.
- Analytical and result oriented mind-set. High level of accuracy and problem solving skills.
- Structured and pro-active working approach.
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Team player and ability to build networks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel), SAP AFS / FMS.