About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Hilfiger Collection represents the upper tier collection range of the business. The Purchasing department itself fulfills a central role. It is the link between production and our global accounts.
The department heads up purchasing activities and seeks constantly opportunities to improve and maintain the delivery performance of our bulk production. Working together with Product Development, Buying & Planning, Merchandising and Order fulfillment resulting in on time deliveries for our runway fashion shows.
As a Buying Operations Specialist you will be responsible for
- Responsible for Divisional Operations activities for Hilfiger Collection Capsules.
- Place Purchase Orders based on buy list as provided by Buying & Planning team, confirm ex-factory dates, and liaise with vendors regarding changes.
- Maintain close relationships with vendors and assist with operational tasks where needed, monitoring performed tasks to ensure they are performed correctly (e.g. creating UPC tickets, labels, stickers, and poly bags).
- Manage inbounding by monitoring WIP-chart (Order book status) up till ex-factory date, acting on possible delays (e.g. by changing shipment mode) and inform stakeholders when changes in ex-factory date occur.
- Flag vendor issues when they occur and liaise with Buying & Planning and Product Development to find and implement solutions.
- Create and maintain inbound master files including calculations on availability level, and all additional relevant information regarding production (e.g. reasons for delay and current situation).
- Responsible in mentoring the coordinator of the team.
These should be flexible due to a high changing business environment.
- Education: HBO / University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 year of relevant working experience in a fast moving company (internships included)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel), SAP AFS / FMS
- Organized and pro-active working approach
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Fluent in English