About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
What does a Manager Buying Operations do at PVH?
The Buying Operations team is responsible for managing the global purchase orders and Inbound for timely delivery. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Sourcing, Central Operations, and externally with the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports to the Senior Manager Buying Operations. The candidate should have a strong analytical mindset an eye for process alignment and best practice sharing within own team and with external teams. The position requires good communication and problem solving skills and attention to accuracy.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor day to day activities of the Buying Operations team, ensuring alignment across divisions (e.g. MSW, WSW, TLD, JNS & KIDS) in terms of operational excellence.
- Pro-actively Monitor global on time delivery at vendor, and OTA for EU. Ensure visibility, and timely escalation to management.
- Pursue structures that improve efficiencies and that are in alignment with functional objectives. Collaborate with internal departments and external partners to collaborate and align divisions.
- Cross divisional collaboration between Buying & Planning and the Buying Operations team. Ensuring effective hand over of order book from B&P team and ensuring collaboration with inbound/warehouse & order fulfillment team so that Buying Operations team delivers an order book each season according to set KPI of OTA.
- Close collaboration with the buying offices, and assuring they are well trained.
- Maintaining a team of “A” players. Ensuring a strong and well performing team of coordinators. Managing workloads of the team and keeping to deadlines.
- Participate in cross company projects or lead smaller internal initiatives. Collaborate with internal departments and external partners to collaborate and align divisions.
Who is the best person for this job?
- 5 years of relevant working experience (Operations) of which 2 years in a managerial role
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel, word, and presentation skills
- Project Management Skills
- Fluent in English – additional languages are a plus
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.