About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
We are currently looking for talent to further build and strengthen our Tommy Hilfiger Buying and Planning team in Amsterdam. Product lines under the Tommy footwear and accessories brands include handbags, small leather goods, wallets, belts, caps, hats, scarves, shoes, sneakers, boots, sandals and home slippers. The buying and planning team works with our buying offices and vendors on the production planning of finished goods. In this role you will need to collaborate with different divisions (see below) as well as external parties.
The division is split into the following areas:
- Design Creative direction
- Sales Contact to local sales forces, emphasizing market needs and commercial trends, responsible for budgets & sales targets
- Merchandising Product Management, Range Planning, Strategic direction and brand positioning, Collection framework
- Divisional Operations Sample Process, Production inbound, logistics, Style set-up (data maintenance)
- Buying and Planning Demand Planning, Production planning with Factories, Buying, Reporting
- Sourcing and Production Product development, Strategic sourcing, Production
- Gain insight and understanding of the supply chain of an international operating fashion brand
- In-depth knowledge of Production planning across different product groups
- In-depth knowledge of the Buying and Planning process
- Gain a sound understanding of differences between Footwear and the Accessories business
- Assist in projects to improve efficiencies in the supply chain.
Support to the Buying and Demand Planner in all Buying and Planning related activities such as seasonal comparisons and data validations. Assist the Planner with reporting and divisional projects. Create overviews that supports decision making of the Planner.
- Start date: January/February 2019 for a duration is 6 months.
- Currently enrolled in college or University (HBO/WO)
- Education: HBO / University in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Logistics and Economics
- Experience in Fashion industry is an advantage
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- High level of accuracy.
- Analytical mind-set
- Good PC knowledge: Excel, (SAP BW/Hana reporting is an advantage)
- Organized and pro-active working approach