About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The Tommy Hilfiger Tailored division within PVH Menswear Apparel Europe includes clothing such as suits, blazers, trousers, shirts, SPW jackets, and coats. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing, Buying and Planning, Merchandising and Sales. The 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality product for the pan European and Asian consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Tailored presents 4 collections per year (2 main season and 2 smaller seasons) and is recognizable as being Classic, American and Cool with its own twist.
- Get a full insight of fabric and trim development, testing and buying
- Support buying team in all administrative tasks
- Maintain and update fabric archive
- Manage Post/express courier inbound/outbound
- Help to organize making of seasonal sales color cards
- File order confirmations, data sheets, testing reports, invoices, packing listsHelp to chaise mills for testing results / data sheets
- Help to organize fabric testing at external laboratory
- Work on special projects
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Start date: Jan 2019. Duration is 6 months.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University, studying towards Fashion or Textile
- Basic knowledge about fabric construction and production
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel
- Personal: Proactive, accurate, team player.