About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The PVH Europe Legal Department is based in the PVH International headquarters in Amsterdam. The main activities relate to contracts, intellectual property, brand protection, corporate, compliance and employment matters, related to the Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein businesses in the EMEA+ region. For brand protection the department acts as the first point of contact for Tommy Hilfiger worldwide and for Calvin Klein in Europe. Intellectual property matters relate to trademark infringements, trademark clearance and licensing and co-branding. The contractual work and corporate and compliance matters mostly relate to distribution, supply chain, real estate, IT, privacy, M&A, anti-trust, marketing, promotions and licensing.
The Legal Intern will join an international, dynamic, fun and close-knit team of around 20 people. The Legal Intern will work on all kind of legal matters dealt with by the legal department, including:
- The review and drafting of contracts and (corporate) documents
- Requests and questions from our daily business regarding legal aspects of any kind – e.g. product liability, e-commerce, privacy
- Collection of information and know-how
- Drafting of presentations
- Brand protection issues
- Employment law questions
- Intellectual property questions
- Corporate projects and compliance matters
- It is a requirement that the candidate is eligible to work in the EU, and that the candidate will be enrolled in a university or school program during the internship
- University level in European Law, civil law, company law, IP law, contract law and/or Dutch law
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing; any other European language is an additional asset
- Excellent in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Accurate research skills, organizational and planning skills and reporting skills
- Eye for detail, reliable, accountable, able to prioritize
- Flexible, can-do mentality and motivation to go the “extra mile”
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Team player
What can you expect from us?
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam;
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality and individuality;
- A culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities;
- Sample sales!
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities;
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.