About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who will work in the Corporate Responsibility team at our European head-office in Amsterdam.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
- Start date: January 2019. Duration is 6 months
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program
- Educational requirements: University. Subject of studies: : Textiles, business administration, environmental science, sustainable development (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of sustainable business
- Strong in analytical and research skills
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English – Dutch not essential
The individual will support on several key projects for the CR team that fall under sustainable material program:
- Supporting the Better Cotton program outreach in both the supply chain and within the business
- Sustainable material data collection and data analysis
- Preparation of data charts and graphs for presentations and reporting activities for a variety of stakeholders.
- Administration of the Better Cotton Tracer account
- Tracking of sustainable materials results
- Project work around innovative fibers/materials/solutions
Additional to the project, the intern may be required to perform other functions within the CR team. Some practical examples:
(1) Assisting in the other ongoing CR projects
(2) Assisting in preparation of CR events, projects and trainings
(3) Organization and coordination of facility requirements
(4) Preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Hands-on attitude
- Solutions oriented
- Excellent analytical skills essential
- Passion for sustainability and related topics
- Creative and open-minded
- Adaptable and able to work individually as well as in a team, with different people from various parts of the business
- Organized and methodical
- Good communication skills
- Learn the impact of our business towards the environment, and vice versa
- Learn different opportunities to asses and improve environmental performance of production/supply chain
- Gain knowledge around more sustainable fibers, standards and programs, specifically the BCI program
- Understand the environmental impact of fibers and production processes
- Get insight into garment and footwear supply chain