About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The department has a family atmosphere as it is one of the smallest in TH. We are one of the fatest growing departments so there is a lot of expectation on our team to make existing product and deliver on time. The internship enables a full understanding of product lifecycle and adherence to following a critical path. The intern on TH Accessories is familiar with all members of our team, and due to fast pace of 360 and tight timelines, we need the intern to be approachable for ad-hoc tasks and learn fast.
You will be an part of the team, with focus on support to the product developer for TH Men’s, Tommy Jeans and Kids Accessories.
This role is admin based, not design based. The intern will be exposed to the development process from R&D, to design and finally SMS. There will be opportunity to attend development meetings and participate with respect to their own area of responsibility, and to sit in when their direct manager is not available.
Dependent on the intern’s aptitude, they will have the chance to manage a small project, and oversee the development from design to SMS production, working with the design team.
TH ACCS: Samples : Maintenance / Organization
- Be responsible for all samples – including inbound, outbound, tidying, organizing, tracking.
- Coordinate the wear trials and prepare the report, manage sample requests from other department and send samples to warehouse
- Track and trace down parcels that are send to the attention of the Design/ PD team
- To send out parcels for design and PD (TH only), buying office and direct vendors, as well and follow up with invoice, images and tracking details.
To make sure that the Material development chart is always up to date – and ensure it is aligned with the information on PLM (admin system)
- Organize seasonal material folders, lab dips and strike offs. Ensure these are signed, dated and filed in a timely manner
- To maintain and update the lab dip chart and track the inbound lab dips
- To make sure that the material library and hardware library are organized and coordinate inbound research material
- To follow up with China on updating material codes on PLM, including all trims (webbing/ lining) and Hardware
- Coordinate and input the collection data into the system: This regard all PD info and BOM (bill of material).
- Maintain and update PD info on the system – This includes, developer, sizing, factory allocation, buying office, quote, net weight, dimension, pack time, commodity code
- Create the vendor requests and add/delete styles are they are added by Merchandising
- Create and update the BOM’s at all sample stages
- Maintaining the BOM’s by updating the materials/trims/hardware according to the material sheet and CBD
- Update the comments onto the system (GAM COMMENTS/ PRE-SMS COMMENTS/ PP COMMENTS)
- To put together the seasonal color palette and order pantones
- Update the seasonal Marketing Attributes
- To manage the weekly PD agenda
Good sense of logic, organized, motivated, can-do attitude.
What can you expect from us?
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam;
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality and individuality;
- A culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities;
- Sample sales!
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities;
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.