About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
For our PVH Travel Retail team, we’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic student or recent graduate eligible for an internship who can support both us with both in sales and operations.
What does your team do within PVH/Calvin Klein/Tommy?
PVH Travel Retail is responsible for the duty free business for both CALVIN KLEIN and Tommy Hilfiger brands for the EMEA region.
Internally, we work closely with Operations, Marketing, Store design, Legal, Credit Management, Outbound as well as the Product Divisions to ensure that all needs of our wholesale customers are met.
What does a Travel Retail Intern do at PVH/Tommy Hilfiger/Calvin Klein?
Based in Amsterdam, you will be assisting both the sales and operational parts of the business. You will be closely involved in the process during the Travel Retail market week and order entry (focus). You will have exposure to the entire cycle; from a buying appointment to the order book management. You will work closely with the TR Team, TR customers / buyers, for which professional behavior is required. In this internship, you will focus on:
- Preparing Sell out and Buy files (excel) for the market appointments
- Assisting the Travel Retail team with implementing the selections into excel Buy files and pulling necessary information from the divisional line lists; convert data into 1 file
- Assisting in creating order upload files for SAP FMS and you will work in excel and SAP FMS to manage orders with the help of our Travel Retail operations manager
What can you expect from us?
- Learn how to read (travel) retail KPI’s and how these interrelate these with business opportunities
- Get an understanding of the importance of budgets and planning, as well as ensuring our buyers are provided with brand strong and commercially understandable collections to ultimately ensure that sales are optimized
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture
What team will you join?
You will join an energetic and dedicated team of 6 colleagues from different nationalities, all based in Amsterdam. You will closely work with the Junior Manager PVH Travel Retail Operations. Your internship is office- based from the Houthavens. Success is celebrated with drinks and fun dinners.
Who is the best person for this job?
- Enrolled in Fashion Management / Retail / Business & Economics student (or similar) in 3 year of their study or recent graduate eligible for an internship
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office – especially Excel (!); being familiar with SAP is a plus; experience with Pivot is needed
- Eager to learn; curious to develop your career
- Outside-the-box thinker; be solution oriented & forward thinking
- Have an eye for details and the bigger picture, connecting the dots
- Be a team player; support your peers where needed
- Strong communication skills; professional English level is a must (written & verbal), professional with external contact
- : 1 February 2019, for 6 months for 40 hours per/week