About the Company
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and more than 1,500 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
As Footwear Merchandise Intern you will learn to prioritize and manage merchandising related tasks. Assist Product Category Merchandisers and Market Merchandising team to obtain a varied and complete understanding of the merchandising field and all the responsibilities attached with the profession.
DIGITAL ASSET & ARTICLE MANAGEMENT
- Support the Managers with all administrative and operational merchandising functions
- Ensure all data base components (Product lifecycle management / Excel) are updated at all times including:
Communicating updates, reminders, and information to sales, production and supply chain teams with high sense of customer service attitude
- Assist in coordinating all details related to digital asset management for sales tools. This includes; uploads to iPad / image resizing for Digital Showroom / adjusting pictures / DA checks
- Assist on analysis and numerical research (price research, sell in, sell out, post seasonal analysis, countries range plan meeting document, GAM and ML documents, ad hoc reporting)
COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCT
- Assist the running of seasonal photo-shoots from beginning to end and owning sample responsibility for the shoots.
- Supporting merchandising and sales team in sample logistics and other division’s needs.
- Event management and logistic coordination during key events on product and sales
- Always having a basic knowledge of all product categories in TH FTW so that you can assist Product Category Merchandisers
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workloads, and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Excellent quantitative and organizational skills
- Very strong computer skills, especially MS Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Entrepreneurial spirit and energy
- Detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and proactive
- Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
- Inquisitive and curious nature
- Ability to collect data, examine it and share an informed conclusion
- Be a team player
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Start date: January - February 2019. Duration is 6 months.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical: Illustrator experience is a plus
- Analytical mindset, passionate, proactive and friendly individual
- Ability to manage work and time are key necessary skills