About the company:
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
What does your team do within Calvin Klein?
The Calvin Klein Sportswear team covers the Men’s and Womenswear collection across all categories. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 5 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing, Buying and Planning, Technical team, Merchandising and Sales. The 5 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality product for the pan European consumer base.
What does a Fabric Developer do at Calvin Klein?
The Fabric coordinator is responsible for the research, development and production of the Calvin Klein Womenswear collection.
- Responsible for the sourcing and developmenf of fabrics according to the rangeplan and allocation targets, working closely with the design, product development and merchandising team
- Daily contact with the European and Asian mills, fabric suppliers and agents for fabric research and follow up, build and maintain key partnerships
- Follow the margin targets by sourcing in the right pricepoints and negotiate with suppliers to support the pricing and margin strategy
- Building a core fabric library and maintaining this throughout the seasons
- Drive the process of treatments and finishes on existing fabrics
- Actively follow up on quality standards and testing requirements in accordance to the global quality manual inorder to maintain the quality level from sampling through to production
Who is the best person for this job?
- Education: higher textile education
- Minimum 4-5 years working experience in development/sourcing/production of fabrics
- High expertise in fabric finishes and treatments
- Very structured and used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- Excellent communication and negotiating talents.
- Flexible and hands on mentality
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative cultur