About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
What does a Product Development Coordinator do at Tommy Hilfiger?
The product development coordinator reports to the Sourcing & Product Manager of TH Collection. is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by design) until final product for the Hilfiger Collection division. The product is placed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established by the division. The key objective is to be responsible for the total development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection and production in ways of (physical) product that is production feasible and hitting margin targets.
- Works closely with the tech teams, buying offices, factories and laundries to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, lab-dips, sales samples, size sets and PA samples.
- Creates and maintains Sample Tracking file for proto samples, fit samples, sales samples, etc ensuring timely delivery of all samples for key meetings.
- Monitors WIP-charts up till goods shipped to consolidator and flag issues to Inbound and Buying & Planning teams.
- Supports the Product Development team during the entire development process, including preparing for/conducting key meetings.
- Liaises with Direct Vendors and Buying Offices regarding production of samples, communicating vendor requests, changes and comments.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in PLM, and Trackers (e.g. vendor allocation / product information / fit comments), by continuously updating the system / Excels.
Who is the best person for this job?
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, De Maere, TMO, MTS Mode & Kleidung or similar) and 1 year international relevant experience is a big plus.
- Has a passion for the development/sourcing & production of high end runway product.
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- Team player with problem-solving skills, pays attention to detail, has a flexible approach to change and shows a can-do attitude.
- Takes on ownership through being proactive, capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing.
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule.
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products.
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.