About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
What we expect you to bring to the team?
Design the Tommy Hilfiger Accessories line that is relevant and commercially successful, showing a clear understanding of the Tommy Hilfiger brand identity and vision. Design and develop a cohesive collection that can meet the various needs of the Global market. The team collaborate with the wider accessories design team, product development and merchandising teams to create the collection.
- Development and execution of design stories working to the seasonal calendar (4 collections per year)
- Designing relevant and commercial accessories that shows brand identity and follows the brief that has been communicated.
- Providing CAD design support with detailed technical specification packs.
- Extensive fabric knowledge including leather and non-leather (PU) materials and general production techniques.
- Research seasonal/trend concepts, materials, hardware and colour stories. Collate into mood boards to present back to Design Director, VP and team
- Translating market trends and corporate briefs into the accessories aesthetic for the Tommy Hilfiger DNA
- Industry knowledge of market margins
- Prepare technical sketches for divisional presentations and sales presentations and create sample requests to the highest detail to handover at factories and vendors
- Work effectively to meet deadlines for the Divisional Calendar
- Collaborating with TH Womenswear and TH Collection divisions on the Tommy Now runway collections.
- Designing capsule collections with brand ambassadors (for example GigixTommyNow & Zandaya X Tommy collection)
- Confidence working from concept, prototype to final accessory (ownership of the product journey)
- Inspirational and market research trips (Globally)
- Submitting design specification through PLM system as well as providing necessary content for other systems
What we expect you to have?
- All applicants must apply with a relevant and up to date portfolio
- Previous experience in Women’s Accessories design
- Ability to work in creative environment, to handle pressure, to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines yet able to provide high quality work result
- Extensive knowledge designing with Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote and PLM
- Strong hand sketching skills with understanding of scale and perspective
- Team player, yet able to work independently when needed
- Embrace the hands on, active, problem solving, open minded, dynamic, fun and fast pace environment
- Flexible to travel
- Not a 9 to 5 mentality, especially at peak design time
- Fluent in English, excellent communication written and verbal
What you can expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and competitive pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- A relocation package (if applicable) and help with finding your feet before and during your move to the Netherlands.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, embraces curiosity and seek employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.