About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear is growing their team with an experienced Product Developer! Are you an expert in soft woven and not easily fazed by a fast changing and dynamic environment? Read below for more info.
What does a (senior) Product developer do at Tommy Hilfiger?
Participate in the end to end Product Development process, from conceptual drawings through bulk delivery including range planning, production planning and merchandise alignment.
- Handling of daily issues in end to end Product Development, including sourcing, development, sampling, & price negotiation from concept through to bulk delivery
- Adhere to calendar, both internally and externally to support the development and production of the collection achieving on time for delivery at all stages of the process
- Support margin targets including transparency and reviewing of costs at all stages of development & production ensuring all pricing and margin strategies are supported
- Vendor collaboration in conjunction with Product Manager including allocation, cost & lead time negotiation, sample & bulk ordering, management & delivery
- Cross functional partnership to ensure correct product is delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements
Who is the best person for this job?
- The ideal candidate would have 5+ years’ experience in development, sourcing and production
- High expertise in construction, and production operation
- Experience with woven is a must and technical experience in woven apparel a plus
- Ability to prioritize a demanding, workload and time manage effectively
- Someone who excels in a fast paced and hectic environment and likes to present
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture