Tommy Jeans is looking for a junior developer to join their team! Do you have experience in woven and you’re able to stand your ground with Design? Apply with us!
What does a Junior Developer do at Tommy Hilfiger?
The junior product developer is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by design) until final product. The product is placed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established by the division. The key objective is to be responsible for the total development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection and production in ways of (physical) product that is production feasible and hitting margin targets. In addition you will:
- Advises design regarding technical possibilities and limitations.
- Works closely with the tech team, buying offices, factories and laundries to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, lab-dips, sales samples, size sets and PA samples.
- Responsible for tracking all proto and fit samples for each season of the collection as well as pro-active planning.
- Approves labdips, comments on samples on details and workmanship.
- Communicates all changes on styles to the buying offices.
Who is the best person for this job?
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, De Maere, TMO, MTS Mode & Kleding or similar).
- Minimal 2 years working experience in development/sourcing/production
- Experience in woven Apparel is preferred
- Strong intercultural communication skills: capable to advise and pursue the markets with a flexible approach
- Able to work independently and liaise regularly with merchandising and design
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- Sample sales and year-round discounts on TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN products
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.