About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Fitting within the wider Marketing and Communications group, our in-house Agency is a talented team of art directors, designers, writers and producers, collaborating to originate ideas and activate creative programs.
We’re continually responding to ever-changing consumer needs, finding unique ways to connect with new audiences and stay ahead of the game when it comes to innovation, storytelling and creativity - all of which contributes to positioning Tommy Hilfiger as a leading global lifestyle brand.
We are looking for a seasoned Art Director with strong storytelling abilities across all channels and the ability to create ideas that can live anywhere. Expert graphic and/or editorial design skills will be foundational to this role. Digital marketing is an integral part of our daily work, and you’ll bring an authentic editorial sensibility to our content and commerce platforms, including social media. Our work includes everything from digital content, email marketing and website design to retail promotions, 3-D window and in-store displays, look book shoots, video and branding & identity. We also work on global and internal communications, sell-in materials, events, special projects and corporate videos.
- Work with key stakeholders (at all levels), guiding projects from initial concept stages to execution and market roll-out
- Act as brand guardian, upholding the seasonal campaign direction through all marketing activities. You’ll convey the brand vision and ensure the visual aesthetic and tone-of-voice are consistently communicated across all touch points
- Eloquently present original creative ideas, navigate work and feedback through a complex approval process
- Act as an ambassador for the in-house Agency team, adept at balancing priorities– making sure creative goals and business needs are met, being respectful of stakeholders, budgets and meeting the almighty deadline.
- Develop ideas which are on-brand and own creative projects from start to end
- Participate in strategic discussions, fully understand the scope of work, and deliver in-line with the brief
- Concept and art direct commercial, still, and video shoots consistent with the brand image
- Ensure synergy in art direction across all product categories
- Work with the Senior Art Director [or Creative Lead] to push good ideas further
- Provide insights to Production Designers, Freelancers, external Agencies and other Creatives supporting your creative projects
- Measure a project’s success beyond delivery to understand insights & performance data and how this affects future creative work
- Build relationships with photographers, filmmakers, illustrators, designers and their agents. Know who the key players are and who the next generation will be
The ideal candidate is:
- Adaptable; there’s no typical day at the Agency
- An enthusiastic collaborator, but also self-initiating and motivated to work autonomously. You’ll enjoy working with others, sharing knowledge and best practices across the teams, and strive to continually improve work on both an aesthetic and functional level. In short, you’re somebody even experienced Creatives can learn from, and you’re open-minded to learn from others too
- Positive; you bring those vibes to the team while keeping work stadards high, contributing to our unique agency culture, every day
- Flexible; no 9-5 mentality
- A minimum 7 years’ experience, with at least 3 years’ working within an editorial environment, in-house Agency team or creative Agency
- Experience working with fashion, luxury or lifestyle brands in an Art Director capacity
- A creative aesthetic and expert understanding of the elements and principles of design
- A passion, confidence, curiosity and agility to bring about creative ideas with exceptional design execution
- A detailed eye with exceptional graphic and typography skills, and a passion for generating innovative (but workable) creative solutions. You’ll combine your creativity with technical competency, accuracy and a faultless attention to detail
- A folio of work showing captivating storytelling, impeccable graphic design, and digital/content experience that brings brands to life*
- Expert competency with Adobe Creative programs, with a focus on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- A degree in a creative field such as graphic/digital design, fine arts, visual communication, art direction
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Plenty of opportunities to make the role your own
- Trainings and courses for self-development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events
- Employee discounts
- Sketch & Sketch-up skills
- Spacial Design experience
*Applicants who do not include a portfolio PDF or URL can unfortunately not be considered. And don’t forget a short motivation letter – we want to know why this is THE opportunity for you!