PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fuelled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewellery, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
This is an exciting role within the Calvin Klein Shop-In-Shop (SIS) team where you will be working in conjunction with the Concept Design Team and Country Teams to oversee and input into the layout design of individual SIS sites within the parameters of the global concept guidelines.
The SIS team is part of the Retail Store Development Department which services the design and implementation of new SIS and refits of existing SIS across Western and Eastern Europe as well as Middle East and Africa.
Layouts will be updated where required and on approval you will arrange and oversee the fit-outs. The role requires a high level of administration, flawless coordination, planning, budgeting and logistics and travel will be required to the countries you are supporting. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment where on average will manage 100 SIS projects per year.
1. SIS Project: Kick-off & Project Management:
- Prepare initial planning, cost estimates and budget
- Collect key information facilitating the start of the design process (AutoCAD drawings and Design Brief)
- Maintain project administration on the network, and in the PVH database
2. SIS Project: Design & Layout Development:
- Design the initial layout according brand guidelines and customer requirements
- Seek approval of the layout internally and with country markets
- Validate the country comments of the layout and ensure the production and design decisions are in the best interest of PVH
3. SIS Project: Logistics & Construction:
- Review all price quotations with relevant vendors including transport costs, agree delivery deadlines and organise logistics
- Raise purchase orders with relevant vendors and communicate budgets
- Prior to the shop opening ensure that all items required will be delivered on time
4. SIS Project: Evaluation:
- Seek for structural resolutions on reoccurring process and production issues jointly with other Project Managers
- Follow up with countries on any installation “snagging” / defect
5. Other Key Tasks:
- Ensure projects are executed within the country budget given
- Keep all project-related data up to date in personal Project Planners on the shared drive
- Non SIS Project related tasks will be required; this will be highlighted by the SIS Manager
- Degree BA level, or equivalent in Interior Design or Architecture preferable
- At least 1 year experience in managing projects in Retail OR 18 months coordinating projects in Retail, ready for a next step
- Professional experience in retail / related fields
- Excellent organisation & planning, anticipate, solution oriented
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously (result oriented)
- Strong communication skills: intercultural communication skills (empathetic), negotiation, team Player, capable of building strong relationships internally and externally
- Independent worker (self-starter); able to take own decisions and manage complete projects without / with little supervision
- Open-minded; flexible and open to change, creative in finding solutions
- Analytical thinking: oversee the big picture
- Good commercial awareness: cost awareness
- Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken)
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD is must have
- Good knowledge Microsoft Office Suite; proficient Excel Skills is a must
- Strong Sketch-up / Adobe Creative Suite Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite Skills and Revit experience are a plus