About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
The team consists of 13 colleagues who are all based in Amsterdam. The PVH Media Team has 3 key objectives:
- Drive traffic and conversion @ full price
- Consistently bring the brand to life in the markets
- Be a pro-active business partner
In this role, you will be responsible for managing, developing and driving PVH (Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein) offline paid media communications activity. Working alongside the Director of Media, Strategy and Planning for Tommy Hilfiger and the SVP Marketing & Media PVH EMEA for Calvin Klein, you will maximize awareness of Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein campaigns in (but not limited to) Out of Home Advertising, to support immediate and long-term business goals in a creative and cost-effective manner.
In addition, you will be responsible for the Strategic Planning, Implementation and Budget Management of all offline media activity (with a focus on Out of Home Advertising), as well as managing local market relationships and requests. You will also work on elevating our offline activities by identifying and driving digital innovation for Out of Home Advertising formats.
- Define offline media analysis, strategy and rationale for all markets, product divisions and licensees to achieve consistency and improve efficiency.
- Define sell-in strategy and plans to all key stakeholders (Country MDs, Licensees and PR Agencies). Maintain acceptance within these groups.
- Make strategic information, key performance indicators (media performance, reach, negotiations, etc.) as well as day-to-day information transparent. Build awareness for the rationale behind the media strategy and plans within the company.
- Stakeholder management (external & internal): manage relationships with key publishers and media owners across Europe to achieve added value from an advertising perspective (Reasoning, Open Mindedness, Marketing Services & Marketing Dialog with the countries, departments, and product divisions); align with central and local teams and become a counterpart in the yearly Marketing Planning Process.
- Deliver on-time Seasonal Pan-European Media plans within requirements; increase value, integrate feedback from relevant sources (within boundaries) and correct.
- Be the media gatekeeper. Assess requests / suggestions from the markets and proposals from the media (-agencies).
- Fine-tune media planning process to secure maximum value (relationships, positioning, rates, etc.).
- Financial monitoring of projects, ensuring that projects are scoped accurately, and that all projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
In addition, you will:
- Groom the Marketing & Communications teams, increasing media know-how, making sure you provide 100% accurate information on budgets, actuals and commitments is available on a day to day basis.
- Develop the regional marketing teams to become the point of contact for the media plans for their markets.
- Guard material print processes and cost levels.
- Grow non-traditional media expertise and usage.
- Asses agencies on a seasonal basis.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in working in global advertising and media management, either with an advertising agency client-side, and is experienced in offline media planning and implementation. In addition, you bring:
- A completed University or similar degree in marketing / communications.
- Approx. 3-5 years of project management experience on cross functional projects at a Marketing Communications Agency (PR, Social Media, Advertising, Branding); approx. 2 years experience in managing a small team.
- A strong can-do mentality in delivering projects throughout the full project management life-cycle and managing expectations throughout the project.
- Knowledge of advertising and media planning processes across all channels, including Digital, combined with experience in delivering integrated on and offline campaigns.
- A detail-oriented, data-driven, and creative eye, combined with the ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- A consumer-centric approach.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills: negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills (stakeholders).
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Mac programs (Pages, Keynote).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as business fluency in English (written & verbal).
We would love to know why this is the role for you, so please include a motivational letter with your application.