The Merchandise Planning team sits within the central General Merchandising and Product Management (GMPM) team.
The GMPM team gives strategic direction, sets topline objectives on collection KPIs, drives change and monitors results, as well as building a closer link between wholesale countries, retail, e-com and head office to fulfill consumer needs by creating the framework for profitable assortments.
The Merchandise Planning team is a cross-divisional team with planners dedicated to a division whilst driving corporate objectives and alignment. We are the divisional business partner for data-driven collection planning and decision making. We ensure the translation of long-term strategic growth set by the GMPM team, into short-term and seasonal objectives, and drive operational excellence through check and balance, to achieve divisional and longer-term brand goals.
The Merchandise Planning team is the divisional business partner for data-driven collection planning and decision making. They ensure the translation of long-term strategic growth into short-term and seasonal objectives, and drive operational excellence through check and balance, to achieve divisional and brand goals.
The Merchandise Planner will work in the Merchandise Planning team and is responsible for one to two divisions and reports into the Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Seasonal planning in alignment to seasonal and yearly targets, on growth drivers, merchandise flow and optimal balance product fashionability mix. (30%).
- Executing continuous check and balance on seasonal collection development and forecasts, liaising with Product Merchandisers, Merchandise Planning Manager and Buying & Planning. (25%).
- Attending key milestone meetings such as MCR and Pricing Meetings, being a key participant in the GAM (15%).
- Work together with Merchandise Director and Merchandise Planning Manager on in-depth analyses for business-critical decision making. (15%).
- Updating existing reports and creating new aligned reports, for planning and check and balance purposes, and serve as basis for analysis by divisional stakeholders. (15%).
- Data-driven and analytical mindset with an affinity to the product.
- 2 – 3 years planning experience in a fashion industry.
- Medior/Advanced knowledge of Excel, pivot tables and nesting formulas is a must.
- Graduate degree in business economics or similar educational background.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with ad hoc deadlines.
- Proactive attitude; ability to work independently and problem-solving oriented.
- Team player and flexibility in working hours e.g. overtime in peak periods.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written as verbal.