The Buying, Planning and Operations team is responsible for all Planning, Buying and Buying & merchandising Operations activities for all Tommy Hilfiger Divisions. The team also support the divisions to aligning the ways of working and sharing best practices. Building a bridge between the product divisions and the vendors / buying offices and the downstream supply chain teams.
Reporting into the VP Tommy Hilfiger Buying, Planning & Operations, the Project Manager Buying, Planning & Operations is responsible for project planning, executing, and evaluating of Supply Chain related topics. Projects aimed toward alignment of processes and teams, lead-time reduction and more efficient buying.
Problem solving, project management, facilitating meetings and process analysis are essential elements of this role.
- Owns the planning, execution and controlling of projects with a strong Buying, sourcing operations and supply chain focus.
- Drives the problem solving process: frames problems, guides analytical modeling through process analysis and provides insights into solutions.
- Drives project and implementation independently through strong project management skills
- Acts as a contact person to the entire organization for project related tasks and various issues.
- Constantly reporting on progress of the project to all stakeholders within a matrix organization
- Facilitates meetings and workshops with all the levels of the organization and resolves possible conflicts.
- Effectively manages the change driven by the projects and is capable of steering the business in a new direction.
- Can coach other team members, and help them develop their skill set and their careers.
- 4-7 years of experience in project management, change management and project planning, preferably in an equivalent position in fashion, and/or retail environment.
- University/Engineering degree.
- Strong project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem solving skills – demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience in Supply Chain and process optimization within Supply Chain (eg. demand planning, supply planning, process engineering).
- Eagerness to solve issues, improve, standardize and/or simplify business Understands the complexity of a matrix organization, capable of operating in cross functional teams.
- Effective communicator and influencer. Comfortable presenting in front of senior leadership audiences.
- Hands-on, result oriented and structured.
- Ambitious, highly motivated and able to perform in a pressured work environment.
- Collaborative mind set, a real team player.
- Excellent MS Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment are required.
- Understands and shows passion for the worldwide fashion and retail market in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments.