About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
Merchandising operations team is responsible for the style setup across systems (style-master data) and sample inbound for Menswear, Womenswear, Tailored, Jeans, Kids, Collection, Footwear & Accessories.
This team collaborates closely with the divisional merchandising teams, product development, sample warehouse, Buying offices, vendors and process development teams
The Sample Coordinator reports directly to the Manager Merchandise Operations and is responsible for complete sample setup and maintenance of all relevant data.
As a sample coordinator you have to be on top of changes and capable to deal with ad hoc situations. You will be working closely together with the Merchandise team, Development team, our Warehouse, Buying offices, direct vendors and process development teams.
Overview of Essential ResponsibilitiesSample process
- Ensure accurate set up of master files and systems (e.g. SAP, PLM)
- Build and maintain strong relations with stakeholders (e.g. Central Merchandise, Product Development, Sample Warehouse, Buying offices & direct vendors) by continuous training and information updates
- Place orders in alignment with pre-determined allocation in collaboration with external partners
- Daily reporting on sample status, encountered issues and performance of all key participants
- Follow up on ad hoc changes and additions
- Ensure on time delivery vendors and sample shipments to showrooms
- Finalization of sample process by creation, maintaining and approving sample invoices
- Graduated at HBO level or equivalent (or higher)
- Min. 2 years of relevant working experience in a fast moving environment
- Fluent in English – additional languages are a plus
- Excellent knowledge in MS Excel and plus if knowledge in PLM and SAP / FMS
- Analytical and result oriented mind-set
- High level of accuracy and problem-solving skills
- Passion for process improvement and driving change
- Accountable and independent working attitude
- Supportive, ambitious and hands-on mentality
- Structured and pro-active working approach
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines (time management)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally