About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
A CAD designer within the Women’s Wear Team of knitwear and jersey product working closely with the design and merchandise team. The CAD designer key responsibility lies in assisting Design and Merchandise with digital lay outs and selling tools
- Re-producing designer’s product sketches into illustrative technical CAD's using Adobe Illustrator.
- Leading digital initiatives in WSW
- Established graphic standards and illustration aesthetic across apparel divisions.
- Working to the Divisional Calendar and being organised to meet deadlines set by the Division to execute the collection.
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and sales presentation (Sketch Review, Adoption Meeting, Proto review, Line Opening).
- Responsible for preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized
- Work closely and communicate daily with the design and merchandise team.
- Prepare overview’s of the collection each season for merchandising Team of WW and Development team.
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/ styles on a daily basis.
- Working closely with all designers within the design team, communicating ideas and improvements on work flow and Team Building.
- Willing to learn 3D design
Reporting RelationshipsReporting directly to Design with a dotted line to Merchandise presentations
- Excellent computer Skills, illustrator and Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics.
- 3D design knowledge is a plus
- PLM experience a plus
- Ideally experience in the women’s wear fashion industry with understanding a feminine handwriting.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Sweaters experience a plus, being able to recreate textures in CAD.
- Fashion Degree from a School of Design.
- Ability to work in a busy, changeable environment.
- Good understanding of the English Language.
- Confident social character required, needs a pro-active approach to working within a large team.
- Must be used to fast-paced environment.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally already has experience at a well established commercial fashion brand.