For our PVH Digital Retail / Store of the Future team we’re looking for an experienced project manager or product manager who can drive the conceptualization of innovative digital experiences and help deploying them to our stores worldwide.
Are you passionate about retail, consumer experience, digital products and have the potential to change the fashion industry? Would you like to be part of our team that will help further design and implement the Omnichannel vision at PVH? Then this is the role for you!
What does your team do within PVH/Calvin Klein/Tommy?
The Digital Retail / Store of the Future team is responsible for creating the consumer-facing digital experiences in Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein retail stores. We use Design Thinking methodologies to understand the ever-changing needs of our consumers, identifying key pain points and opportunities in their shopping journeys and conceptualizing innovative solutions to solve those challenges.
Our team already developed a wide variety of digital retail experiences (smart fitting room mirrors, endless aisle kiosks, digital magazine tables, product scanners, shoppable walls, etc.), deployed in a large number of stores around the world. We seek to continuously bring new innovations to inspire our consumers and create WOW moments, as well as to further empower our store staff by putting the technology at their service.
What does a Product Specialist do at PVH/Tommy Hilfiger/Calvin Klein?
You will be joining a team that is responsible for the product management of the Store of the Future / Digital Retail program with the following responsibilities:
- Be the product manager for multiple in-store digital experiences on a global scale, for both Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein. Build, scope and continuously further develop those solutions over time.
- Responsible for project management including scoping, planning, development, rollout and support of the digital solutions. Have an eye on the bigger picture and on details.
- Regularly report overall project status and continuously manage backlog. Anticipate and communicate risks to key stakeholders in IT, different business functions and external vendors.
- Be a champion of Design Thinking and Agile product development and guide other stakeholders to learn and adopt those methodologies.
- Passion for new technologies and eagerness to drive Omnichannel innovations. Use creativity to solve challenges and be on the lookout to find new ways to improve consumers’ shopping experiences.
- Be in the field to observe our consumers, conduct focus groups and organize user testing sessions with prototypes to validate ideas.
- Make sure that the solution are seamlessly integrated within the ecosystem of currently used systems and look for potential technical improvements.
- Work closely with global stakeholders (retail, e-com, divisions, etc.), local country offices and store teams to ensure that projects are smoothly implemented and embedded within the organization. Build up a strong internal network to drive your strategic projects.
- Be the main point of contact for new and current vendors and manage relationships accordingly.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the content of our solutions. Support the Project Manager in charge of the CMS to improve the solution.
- Support the expansion of the Store of the Future / Digital Retail on operational requisites such as issue management, store staff trainings and feedback sessions.
Who is the best person for this job?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in cross-functional teams in either Retail, Ecom, FMCG or within an end consumer focused, fast changing, new technology driven environment.
- Experience to work with scrum/agile project methodologies.
- Experience with Design Thinking methodology is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, work self-dependent with a high degree of self-responsibility and be able to take key decisions.
- Flexible, hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach without losing the bigger strategic picture out of mind.
- Open, charismatic and winning personality to be able to handle various stakeholders across the organization and to communicate successfully with stakeholders across different levels and cultures.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, respect and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment.
What can you expect from us?
- All the bells and whistles: reimbursed commuting expenses, 25 days annual leave, discount on your mandatory Dutch Health Insurance, and pension plan.
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule.
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.