Position Description and responsibilities:
We are looking for a Talent Development Manager to join the Talent Development & Talent Management Team (PVH University) at our European Head Office in Amsterdam. The Talent Development Team exists to advance the growth of our business by designing, developing and delivering effective and relevant learning and development opportunities and solutions for all our people across Europe. This we do by:
- Partnering with the HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to understand our constantly changing business needs.
- Continually assessing and improving our Talent Development offering to ensure that it remains relevant and meets our quality requirements.
- Exploring every opportunity to maximize the variety of Talent Development opportunities available by for example incorporating digital and online platforms/tools/content.
- Implementing effective metrics and evaluation processes across PVH University to best assess quality and return on investment.
As Talent Development Manager, your main area of responsibility will be to drive our Retail/Omni-channel development across Europe. This includes:
- Business partnering and stakeholder management with European HR Directors and Retail Teams.
- Translating business needs into a Retail/Omni-channel strategy that will support our strategic business initiatives.
- Manage the re-launch and European adoption of the online learning platform, including the development of e-learning programs (e.g. Onboarding and Product Knowledge).
- Drive pan-European Talent Management initiatives for Retail, including career planning and performance & development processes and tools.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of in-store development programs in the fields of sales, customer experience, digitalization in store and omni-channel transformation.
- Partner with global stakeholders to share best practices and leverage opportunities for global alignment.
As part of the team you will also contribute to initiatives in other development areas, including Leadership Effectiveness, Team Effectiveness and Organization Effectiveness. The Talent Development Manager will report into the Talent Development Director.
- Develop and implement a strategy for Retail/Omni-channel development that drives learning, collaboration & innovation and is clearly aligned to the overall Talent Development strategy, ensuring the organization has the right capabilities to deliver sustainable business results now and in the future.
- Effectively lead and coach a team of Talent Development Specialists (currently 1 FTE).
Program development and implementation:
- Design, develop and execute a series of (new) Talent Development initiatives within our PVH University curriculum.
- Select the right (internal/external) parties and vendors to work with to ensure effective, high quality learning solutions are delivered.
- Build in measures to evaluate the effectiveness of the program, to ensure learning objectives have been met, performance improvement has taken place and ROI can be measured.
- Work closely with (in-country) HR teams to define on-going development needs, ensure that required training supports key business initiatives.
- Contribute to the development, roll-out and promotion of e-learning tools and classes.
- Contribute to the overall development of the Talent Development function, quality, PR and offering.
Project Management and Special Events:
- Project-manage the development and execution of the launch and roll out of new Talent Development initiatives in an agile way, applying a constant feedback & development cycle.
- Design and deliver ‘special events’ to launch new programs and/or bring other ways of development to our organization.
- Establish a network of in-country HR/Retail trainers who will drive the delivery, facilitation and follow up of Retail/Omni-channel development programs in their local languages.
- Facilitate training sessions as necessary, creating a learning atmosphere that appeals to a variety of learning styles and needs. Encourage and facilitate interaction between participants to enable peer learning. Ability to modify materials on the spot to address audience needs.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
We are looking for an experienced Talent Development professional with a passion for development of people and business, feeling comfortable within a fast paced international environment. Our ideal candidate brings a generalist HR background, combined with experience in Retail and/or Retail development.
- University degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Social Science or Education or related field.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in developing and delivering various training solutions (including face to face, blended & webinars).
- At least 3 years of people management experience, applying a ‘leader as coach’ leadership style.
- Demonstrates a strategic approach to talent development; ensuring alignment with overall business objectives and other Talent Development initiatives, focusing on long term successes rather than quick fixes.
- Proven project management skills, applying an agile approach.
- Understands the importance of stakeholder management in a highly matrixed organization. Demonstratas effective communication, partnering and influencing individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical mind-set and natural desire for improving solutions across people, processes, systems and technology.
- Worked with external partners to deliver programs and have maintained effective relationships.
- Bias for action; you drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship based organization.
- Strong interest and comfortable in using technology to advance and accelerate learning (e.g. LMS, social learning, IT skills).
- Fluent in written and spoken English as this is the business language used within PVH.
- Our values are your values; you have an Entrepreneurial Mindset, Team Mentality is important to you and you aim for Simplicity in everything you do. You take Ownership over the good and the bad and you show your Youthful Spirit with your high energy, humor and the way you lead by example.
- Frequent traveling is part of the role.