About the Company
Calvin Klein is an international fashion design company at the forefront of our industry. We are timeless, modern, classic and sophisticated. Our all-American designs transcend our men’s, women’s and collection apparel, sportswear, jeanswear, underwear, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. Through these iconic products we strive to engage and inspire our consumers around the world. In 2013, one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp. acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
The Amsterdam office is the Headquarter for the European and MEA+ regions
The Calvin Klein Architecture and Visuals team is part of the PVH Omnichannel Department. It is responsible for the design and development of the store concepts and for all the visual merchandising aspects of Own & Operated, Franchise and Wholesale locations across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA region).
Based in Amsterdam the Visual Merchandising Manager is responsible for elevating brand awareness and positioning through unique and inspiring product display. The EMEA Visual Merchandising manager works closely with all VM counterparts, retail and wholesale teams as well as merchandising and marketing teams to drive best in class visual executions and will report to the Senior VM Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creates visual merchandising standards and drives continuous process improvement & best practice.
- Collaborates with Merchandising and Sales for showroom set ups.
- Ensures that work flow and processes are efficient and function to support business needs.
- Creates and delivers seasonal and non-seasonal visual merchandising guidelines.
- Creates and delivers workshops, trainings and presentations in line with the brand identity and goals.
- Partner with global visual merchandising, merchandising, marketing, and creative teams to develop retail programs that enhance seasonal merchandising strategies across the O&O business.
- Directs and manages new store openings.
- Partners with Store Development and supports with recommendations for store layout and fixtures.
- Works closely with the merchandising team to improve directed assortments.
- Works alongside the graphic design team to ensure that ‘market facing’ projects are supported by clear, functional guidelines.
- Oversees the implementation of all guidelines and tools to ensure local markets execute all visual directions correctly.
- Communicates effectively and with a global perspective; develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- Develops, coaches and empowers the EMEA Visual Merchandising Team at corporate and field level.
Behavioral Attributes of Ideal Candidate
- Team Player, loves being part of a team - both leading and serving; demonstrating a deep commitment to colleagues.
- Humble & Hungry. Confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game" regardless of prior successes.
- A minimum of 5 years+ experience within a global premium retail environment in a Visual Merchandising role.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with command of the English language (written & spoken).
- Building cross-functional relationships with other divisions.
- Degree - preferably in Visual Merchandising/Interior Design/Fashion Merchandising or related subject.
- IT skills: MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) is a must.
- Live the PVH company values: respect, simplicity, entrepreneurial mindset, team mentality, ownership and youthful spirit.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
Competencies of Ideal Candidate
- Creative Innovator
- Strong Executor
- Well Organized
- Embraces Change
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Strong Communicator
- Detail and Results Oriented
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Motivator and Teamwork focused
What can you expect from us?
- Work at our beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam.
- We foster a culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University.
- Our smart work program empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule.
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.