About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014. With a heritage going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
The Senior Technical Developer will work within Menswear & Womenswear teams for Tommy Jeans. As a Senior you will technically support the designers to achieve the seasonal design vision of Tommy Jeans product across wovens and knits.
About the Senior Technical Developer position: • Is responsible for Tommy Jeans, within menswear & womenswear with an initial focus on knit category with a view to expand on wovens • Review & refine current block patterns and specs with special focus on knits • Creating product specs in PLM for handover to factories within set deadlines from proto to production. • Arrange fit sessions for own product groups and offer support during mainline collection fittings. • Attend and lead fit sessions, prepare and relay fit comments to the factories and ensure these are accurately executed for own product groups. • Create, maintain and update block pattern libraries keeping grading up to date and in line with set sizing standards. • Support factories and product developers to ensure quality standards are maintained. • Flag any production and quality issues throughout a style’s cycle and work together with relevant teams to find appropriate solutions. • Develop and standardize workmanship techniques for own product groups. • Take regular factory visits to oversee proto/sampling/production development.
- Minimum 7-15 years’ experience as a Senior Technical Developer within the industry, menswear & womens experience preferable
- A good understanding and knowledge of pattern making as well as construction methods is essential.
- Should be capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines, is proactive and a strong team player willing to share knowledge.
- Comfortable working closely with department heads, designers and product developers on new ideas and interpretations.
- Should have a keen eye for detail and quality with good communication and organizational skills.
- Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a passion for getting things done.
- Experience dealing with offshore factories/suppliers is beneficial.
- Available to travel at least 4-6 times a year to Asia and Europe.
- PLM or CAD experience is beneficial (Gerber) however training will be provided.