About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist design.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year - 2 main season (Spring and Fall) and 2 smaller seasons (Summer/PreFall and Holiday/PreSpring).
As a Denim Designer Womenswear you will be working in the Tommy Hilfiger mainline Womenswear division. Your role will work within the seasonal collections within the denim team. You will report into the Senior Designer and will work closely with all designers (plus product developers & Merchandisers) within the Womenswear team to align the denim collection per season. You will be part of an enthusiastic team and will learn to work from A to Z on a whole collection.
Among other you will be working together with the team to do:
- Researching trends that works into the Tommy Hilfiger Women’s wear brand strategy
- Look into trends for the WSW denim
- Selecting fabrics during Mills presentation
- Keep the denim fabric and garments library up to date and relevant.
- Creating innovative and outstanding washes with factories.
- Focus on sustainability regarding fabrics selections and washes development.
- Working on new fits and details development with the technical fit team.
- Work under pressure within the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Illustrate and Photoshop design sheets and wash overviews for divisional presentations
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized and design sheets completed to a high standard for sending to buying offices globally.
- Participate to garment fittings and washes reviews
- Create brand identity through trims and branding development.
- Working on BOM’s
- Travel for efficient and relevant shopping trips and to factories for handover and inspiration.
- Graduated from an BA or MA fashion program
- 3-5 years of work experience, with at least 2 of Denim experience
- Love for denim, knowledge of denim fabrics, its colors, its texture, and its washes applied on it.
- Good eyes for the fits and silhouettes.
- Organized, enthusiastic, easy to adapt and flexible with changes
- Articulate and good at presenting
- Computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) is a must & hand illustration skill
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Is able to work in a hectic environment and has a hands-on mentality.
- Work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy environment.