About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets (Middle East, Africa, South East Europe) and in the Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets. The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
The Visual Merchandising Manager SIS will be responsible to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in the Netherlands for Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, for the Shop in Shop and Wholesale business. Reporting into the Head of VM MEA+NL, the VM Manager will lead the VM SIS and WHL team managing and organizing openings, seasonal changes, trainings, special project and guidelines designed on the market needs. In liaison with buying, planning, retail operation, store development, finance, marketing and global teams from both brands, the VM Manager will be actively involved in all the aspects of the SIS and WHL business.
- Work with Head of VM MEA+NL and the VM MEA+NL team to roll-out the global visual merchandising strategy in SIS and WHL stores across the Netherlands for both brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein).
- Liaison with MEA+NL office on all matters concerning in-store VM and windows to ensure that brand standards are maintained.
- Manage and inspire the VM SIS and WHL team, positively affect change and enable the team to successfully execute a shared vision. Recruit, mentor, and train talented individuals for advancement within the organization.
- Develop and roll out new and different strategies and trainings in order to achieve high VM results in all the business channels. Be constantly updated on the KPI and sell through performances of the area of competence, maximize store sales through a strong level of customer service, business and key metric analysis, and utilization of store resources.
- Build strong relationship with colleagues, store staff and WHL clients, carrying out regular meetings, call conferences and store visits to critique VM standards, identify opportunities for further training, understand the local needs and provide meaningful feedback.
- Manage and oversee multiple SIS opening projects from design to completion and customer hand-over. Ensure SIS projects are perfect in Concept detail & execution to clients and partners. Contribute to the further development of processes required for the ongoing SIS roll-out.
- Assigned projects are realized according to agreed planning, within given budget, and in the required quality levels. Communication with our external partners, sales and buying to realize the most effective SIS for all parties. Clear and timely communication of all relevant project information to parties involved. Close communication with our finance and retail management departments regarding CAPEX budget.
- Master Degree level or equivalent, ideally in design or architecture.
- Solid experience in visual merchandising at least 6 years, ideally in equivalent roles.
- Fluent in Dutch and English language (written & spoken)
- Microsoft office literate, including excel; Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign skills required; 3D software and video making is a plus.
- Strong communication skills: internal and external relationships, presenting, negotiating, stakeholder management, coordinate and be a team player
- Understanding of KPI’s and sales numbers is mandatory
- Knowledge of store floor-plans and project management skills
- Energetic attitude: self-starter and inquisitive
- Proactive and forward thinking, innovation driven; analytical and critical thinking: problem solving (out of the box)
- Ability to prioritize, plan and multi-task: understand the sense of urgency
- Capable of delivering on deadlines (with ambiguity)
- Flexibility in working hours (and travel time when needed)