About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Ownership of the Sportswear Mens Casual Footwear category to deliver long term product strategies, seasonal requirements and sustainable, profitable growth. Maximise the commercial return for the brand in terms of sales growth, margin return & overall profit. Build a world-class product line that is consumer relevant and reflects the international opportunities, alongside corporate business objectives. Deliver global market insight and identify category related patterns and trends across all aspects of the product category.
- Creation of detailed category briefs incorporating consumer and trend insight, competitor benchmarking, target RRP and distribution targets.
- Work with design and product development teams to ensure products are delivered in line with category briefs
- Be the commercial voice in decision making, ability to balance commercial / fashion / image
- Provide global market knowledge and consumer insight to ensure a customer focused range
- Develop the seasonal collection framework that delivers a balance of maximum profit / volume products as well as product innovation and new opportunities.
- Ownership for the overall range architecture including revenue growth, profit, units, SKU management and price architecture. Ensure the business is focused towards achieving targets and structured planning. Plus all associated documents and systems
- Vital role in key meetings e.g. GAM / Market Launch.
- Ensure the category KPI’s and key milestones are achieved across all areas of the product development process.
- Build strong relationships with other stakeholder functional teams: Buying / Planning / Supply Chain / Central Merchandising / Sales. Providing key product and seasonal direction, plus working to improve best practice and process improvement
- Ensure sales teams are aware of category strategies & seasonal product focus – work in collaboration to create the necessary got to market strategies.
- Influencing skills and demonstration of base leadership skills, with ability to lead key meetings
- Analytical skills and strategic product planning
- Ability to work well independently, within a team and cross functionally.
- Self-motivator, excellent organisation skills, good under pressure and can work to multiple deadlines
- Good problem solving ability and solution minded
- Act as the category hub, taking the lead on requirements for sales, PD and other functions in within agreed timelines.
- Project management skills and time line planning.
- A passion for product, range management and a global market awareness
- Base knowledge of construction, development process, sourcing in relation to product costs
- Commercial awareness with the ability to grow sales through the use of innovation, range planning with a clear understanding of product cost drivers
- P&L management with a clear understanding of margin architecture & associated product costs
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation with a focus on commercial acumen
- Established presentation & communication skills
- Education: Higher (Textile / Fashion / Business) education
- Minimum 3-4 years of work experience preferably in an international products environment
- Excellent English communication written and verbal
- Able to work and communicate well with people from different countries and varying business levels
- Excellent Excel and Power point skills.
- PLM experience considered as a plus.
- Living in the surroundings of Amsterdam or willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
- Able to travel abroad for work (Europe, Asia, US)