About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a Global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Visual Merchandising Retail, SIS, and Outlets and Global Windows are all linked to provide overall strategy for the brand environments. Europe Retail Visual Merchandising Team is responsible for creating and communicating all the VM tools (Guidelines, Principles & Training) to our Tommy Hilfiger Retail, SIS and Outlet stores. Tools that will help provide a look and feel that represents the Brand and ensures that the stores are delivering a premium consumer experience through product presentation. This is supported by the collaboration with Windows, Store Concept, Marketing and all Head Office department teams to ensure that the Retail VM strategy, the country and store needs are met. Throughout the year there are numerous events that closely link or tie back to visual or product presentation, ultimately promoting a brand DNA consistency and market presence - in a modern classic, American, cool manner.
The Graphic Design Coordinator Visual Merchandising will report into the Graphic Design Manager Visual Merchandising. The Graphic Design Manager VM is responsible for the creative direction of the seasonal Global VM Guidelines and VM Principles across all Retail functions for both digital and print requirements. The Graphic Design Coordinator VM will support the Graphic Design Manager VM in the design and production of these guidelines and principles.
- Support the design and production process for Principles and (Non-)Seasonal Guidelines.
- Gather and manage the content for the guidelines from multiple internal and external sources.
- Support and collaborate with the Amsterdam VM Team to research and evolve the graphic layouts and creative elements that will align both direction and content for all VM Guideline and Principle Tools.
- Support in the managing of Brand and VM content for the VM App by collaborating with the VM Communications and Events Coordinator.
- Participate in department and team projects as needed from both VM & Windows.
- Design fundamentals and principles knowledge (including but not solely, typography, brand storytelling, color theory).
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite (not exclusively but mostly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Affinity with both digital and print design.
- Creative mind-set and problem-solving attitude.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and be a team player yet being to work independently.
- Good planning, organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good communication skills, command of English language (spoken and written).
- Building cross-functional relationships and good collaboration skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Photography retouching knowledge is a plus.
- Video editing knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of (studio) photography is a plus.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter and provide a portfolio that demonstrates design proficiency and creative skills (either PDF or link to an online portfolio).