About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The MEA+NL organization is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are responsible for developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in the emerging markets and in The Netherlands. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets.
The team working for this region must be able to manage and build relationships with our partners across various cultures and backgrounds, and enjoy a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
This role will be responsible for driving quality growth through understanding of Commercial strategy and principles within the MEA+ Commercial Team.
The Commercial Executive will be supporting the Sr. Commercial Manager with the ultimate goal to further grow and develop one of the most diverse cultural regions. A great way to start of your commercial career at one of the leading global fashion brands.
ResponsibilitiesThe responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Commercial team in the creation and communication of (x-functionally) Divisional Sales/ Merchandising strategy for MEA+ region ensuring commercial targets are met whilst maximizing brand impact.
- Create, Maintain & Nurture strong relationships with our partners.
- Constantly monitor the Divisional performance against KPI’s as you progress through the seasonal process.
- Partner & Collaborate with other members of the MEA+ Team to ensure knowledge and best practices are shared and information flows freely.
- Support the Commercial Team in achieving Net Sales, Margins, Opex expectation for his/her area of responsibility.
- Work with partners, and MEA+ Retail team to ensure smooth and timely store roll out.
- Support the budgeting process by providing relevant information and data.
- Develop specific sales strategies and focus on key growth areas to ensure that your Partners are hitting the commercial targets.
- Have strong influencing & Negotiation skills to drive mutually beneficial solutions with partners from diverse backgrounds/ cultures to achieve revenue/ profitability targets (amongst other KPI’s).
- Partner with planning to ensure a robust in-season management process to capture replenishment opportunities.
- Use sell out data to provide clear & concise analysis to help drive key learnings for subsequent seasons.
- Collaborate with Customer Services team to drive shipping calendar &ensure timely payments within agreed Trade Terms..
- Support the Commercial Manager during seasonal target setting per partner, division, and brand, using top-down targets received from management team and using forecast provided by Sales and Merchandising team and feedback received from partners.
- Conduct seasonal evaluations of partner performance, assessing past and current season(s) and possible improvements, and business growth opportunities (e.g. cost-benefit analysis).
- Maintain close relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. Retail, Legal & Tax, Sales teams) to ensure alignment across channels and product groups and provide information on new opportunities or issues.
- Maintain close relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. assigned partner portfolio), by providing in-season support to key partners (e.g. drive shipping calendar, respond to product complaints and shipping issues, and send-out of replenishment proposals).
- Attend all the distributors’ appointments during the seasonal sell in activities, and support Sales and Merchandising team where necessary.
- Act as liaison between key MEA+ partners and Sales and Merchandising managers by analyzing and monitoring budgets, in order to advise on how to reach and outperform budgets.
- Provide (ad hoc) assistance in the analyses and reporting for presentations to Commercial manager, senior management and key stakeholders.
- A university degree in business studies is preferred.
- Fluent in English for written and verbal as English is the company working language.
- Demonstrates a love & passion for product and strong story telling abilities.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication & influencing skills.
- Be the ultimate team player.
- Be entrepreneurial, innovative and embrace the PVH values.
- Experience in Middle East and/or Africa region an advantage.