About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
PVH Innovation Next Europe Team
Innovation is the foundation of our vision, it drives our entrepreneurial spirit, and it is essential to achieving continued success in our quickly changing world.
True innovation can come from anywhere and there are inspiring initiatives come to life from associates at every level and in every area of our business. To continue our pioneering spirit, PVH Innovation Next Europe team aims to establish official resources, provide access to internal and external experts, and create a shared knowledge base that can be leveraged across the organization.
Innovation Next Europe is the central coordination point for supporting and expanding the programs that continue to be initiated throughout our company. The team provides greater transparency on new technologies that are being introduced and encourage cross-functional synergies to share ideas across teams.
Product Innovation is one of the core pillars within the PVH Innovation Next Europe Team.
Position Description & responsibilities
- Develop commercially viable solutions to support divisions on the design and supply chain solutions
- Support brand strategy
- Focus on impactful ideas that are volume driven, profit seeking, and long-term focused
- Drive topline sales and/or bottom line margin expansion
- Analyze, adapt, and adopt
The Assistant Manager, Product Innovation will report to the Senior Manager, Product Innovation. This role is responsible for the strategic oversight, project management, execution, and delivery of the innovation pipeline, from concept-to-consumer for all divisions.
The Assistant Manager will own advanced ideation projects, including product and process solutions which are known to the brand, unknown to the brand, and unknown to the industry. This role requires an ambidextrous thinker, distinctively strong in business strategy and project management, as well as design and innovation. This is a unique role that requires a blend of ‘left-brain’ and ‘right-brain’ skills and interests, as you marry strategic rigor and an innovator’s ‘knows-no-boundaries’ creativity in order to engineer and cross pollenate multi-industry disciplines, know-how, and technical best practices to develop disruptive, industry changing products. Success for this role will be delivering product innovation solutions to the divisions.
Product Innovation management:
- Acts as main link between Divisions and Innovation Next Team to foster integration and collaboration on both prompted and unprompted innovation
- Lead/manage the Product innovation portfolio and pipeline
- Drive innovation strategy and roadmap for the business, implementing guardrails/process where necessary
- Owns and project manages the Product innovation process – including, but not limited to, go to market checklist, briefing requirements, adoption milestones, seasonal kick off meeting, design/vendor meetings and calendar
- Maintains documentation of ideas, scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing
- Project status reporting to sponsors, stakeholders, and leadership
- Identify existing/future problems and work with the Innovation Next Team to systematically find and deliver solutions to the business
- Responsible for working from briefs with External ID, Mills, Converters, and Design on development options to meet costing targets and go to market dates when assigned
- Work with third party partners to develop new concepts in textile and multi-function product lines to solve product brief
- Allocate development and sales samples based on affordability, vendor capability, and GSC strategies
- Direct efforts in any special garment development
- Assist design with any product development issues
- Manage Proto sample process, including fit, wear, validation, re-sample, and approval
- Test materials, samples, and Protos against all existing physical properties performance standards with factory and third party testing ( BV, Intertek, AATC, UL, CE, EVT/ PVT testing, Etc. )
- Run any required field and wear trials and compile/report data back
- Repeat process until samples are approved for SMS and Production
- Prepare for Commercialization phases
- Work both within and outside the strategic supply chain vendor base to solve innovation challenges put forward in product briefs
- Research and counter source new opportunities for solutions to innovation challenges briefed for both prompted and unprompted product solutions
- Stay abreast of worldwide market conditions (including sourcing) and developments in the global innovation space
- Attend brand meetings, proto reviews, adoption meetings, and store visits to stay in tune with brand and classification strategic initiatives
- Report strategic product direction back to Innovation team and articulate expressed and implied needs
- Interface with raw materials, design, technical design, and operations to provide technical support during the pre-production and production processes in order to alleviate problems during production
- Change management – review product to assure requested changes are achievable within sourcing/costing requirements
- Assist in customs classification meetings with import groups
Experience & Qualifications
- 3-5 years in experience in Product Development with expertise in Textile Development creation
- Knowledge in technical textiles, garment construction, raw materials, trim, production and manufacturing, trade, supplier, and vendor market knowledge
- Project management and the ability to influence
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to work fast paced and strategically
- Thorough understanding of physical properties testing a must
- Experience in hard goods development, consumer electronics, leather goods, footwear and accessories helpful
- Must have experience with production countries
- Microsoft office, Microsoft Excel, PDM knowledge
- Ability to put boundaries and context around ambiguity so that it doesn’t erode clarity and focus
- Strong decision making and negotiating skills
- Resourceful, organized, and adaptable to change
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong, confident, compelling communicator with developed presentation skills
- Presence, voice, and the ability to influence