About the Company
We are a company transformed, focusing on global growth and brand building. Since our beginning in 1881, we have become a world leading lifestyle apparel company with over US$8 billion in estimated 2013 revenues. Through a combination of strategic acquisitions and successful partnerships with our brands, we have been able to globally expand across the wholesale, retail, e-commerce and licensing channels throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
With the acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger in 2010 and of the full Calvin Klein brand in 2013, we have redefined the identity, performance and long-term growth potential of our organization. We work with these powerful global iconic lifestyle brands together as a family to maximize their potential by leveraging them across new categories and existing and future markets.
Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
Business Assurance & Resilience sits within Risk Management and supports the business in four key areas; Profit Protection, Inventory & Asset Control, Crisis Management and Operational Risk.
The Profit Protection Team leads the way in mitigating retail risk within our commercial operations across 21 countries and over 1,170 trading spaces.
In this role, you will balance the operational leadership of the Profit Protection Team (3 colleagues) across our European markets as well as accountability for your own defined region.
With an emphasis on driving profitability through continuous improvement and loss reduction, you will coach the team in daily operations and business partnering.
Based in the European Head Office, the Profit Protection Operations Manager will ensure that each country management team is fully supported in commercial and operational excellence. You will have the ability to translate both central and regional business needs into action whilst developing the Profit Protection Team in all aspects.
The successful candidate will be a business enabler and;
- Coach a team of Profit Protection Specialists in both functional and personal development
- Ensure the seamless delivery of Profit Protection strategy at market level
- Build operational frameworks and SOPs to ensure a consistent and transparent approach to retail risk
- Assess and prioritise country needs to ensure optimum levels of support
- Identify root causes of operational loss with a view to providing both quantitative and qualitative analysis and set direction
- Manage and report on overall team activity & results
- Partner with the applicable HQ and country teams to support the successful implementation of key commercial projects (RFID, EPOS, Omnichannel Solutions etc)
- Be able to enhance and facilitate joint programs across Business Assurance & Resilience
- Guide and support the approach to ethics and integrity investigations.
- Retail experience from regional and/or head office environment
- Strong operational leadership experience
- Natural curiosity with an eye for detail and the bigger picture
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calmly prioritize under pressure and distinguish various business impacts (financial vs ethical)
- Good organizational skills (need mapping) and action oriented
- Strong communication skills; presentation and training, stakeholder (& expectation) management and empathetic sensitivity
- Business fluency in English; any additional European language would be considered an advantage.