The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European head office the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production and Sourcing & Development, Buying and Planning and Merchandising and Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting on creating superbly styled and high end quality products for the Global consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear presents 4 collections per year – 4 seasons (Spring , Summer , Fall and Winter)
As a Junior Outerwear Designer working in the Women’s wear Division you will be responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the Outerwear division, specializing in wools, technical outerwear and leather. You will work closely with the Designer and Design Manager working on the development of the collection each season. The Junior Outerwear Designer will be responsible for:
- Identifying emerging trends seasonally that are reflective of the tommy aesthetic.
- Assist designer and developer each season on the collection development and gaining knowledge of construction and execution of
- Create an Outerwear collection with Tommy DNA whilst being commercial and directional
- Liaising with the pattern maker to ensure garment construction is innovative and reflective of the initial design
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Preparing all design sheets for divisional presentations and to focus on following up of each style
- Preparing all selected and confirmed styles to be computerized (CAD drawn) and design tech packs completed to a high technical specification for sending to buying offices
- Working closely and communicate daily on issues and changes that arise from the development of designs selected. You will also partner with the designer and product developer to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style
- Working closely with Tech Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- To make sure all styles are to the highest standard, help find solutions to any problems that may come up in the fitting process.
- Pre-paring overview’s of the collection each season for merchandising Director and Team of Women’s wear and VP Women’s wear.
- Developing an understanding of fabrics and trims and to work with the Design,Trim and fabric team for the selection of each collection.
- Eye for details with knowledge of fabric & yarns
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand drawn skill
- Fluent in English both written and verbal as English is the working language of the company
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
Reporting directly to the Designer Manager of the product category.
To be successful in this position you need to have a good understanding of the feminine trends and the ability to translate them into a commercial product. It is important that you are able to work independently as well as in a team and that you also enjoy working in a busy, changeable environment. To be able to work well with other teams you need to have strong communicational skills.