About the Company
We are an international fashion design and marketing company at the forefront of our industry. We are timeless, modern, classic and sophisticated. Our all-American designs transcend our men’s, women’s and collection apparel, sportswear, jeans, underwear, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. Through these iconic products we strive to engage and inspire our consumers around the world.
In 2013, one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp. acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
Design is currently handling underwear collections and swimwear collections across TH and CK for both adults and kids, with future expansion into a new product for both brands. With this growth, we see opportunities for elevated use of graphics, print, and innovative technical design, but we need to support the design teams to deliver these elevated tools.
Design research and building meaningful colour and graphic stories for underwear, swim and new product opportunity are crucial to the future growth of these product and future product areas.
Design team are building more elevated visual communication tools for adoption and sharing directly with countries and focusing key product ranges for specific market and key account needs
Reporting into the Senior Design Director Swim, Tommy Hilfiger Global & Calvin Klein Europe, this role will be responsible for the design of TH Swim Men. This role will have direct report
- Implement the seasonal Direction of the Category according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency through products and ranges.
- Conceptualize and design ranges in the specific Category and manage the creation process of the line range.
- Manage, set goals, monitor progress, offer help and critique work for the Design team. – where applicable.
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports, where applicable
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the team
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to digital
- Team members
- External partners
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of fashion and Swimwear product and fashion design
- Innovative and collaborative leader
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of initiative and maturity
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Suite a must
- Team player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from college or university in design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in design
- First experience in people management