Hi, we’re Hatch!
We are a corporate-backed startup studio working on the future of wholesale selling in fashion and beyond - creating digital experiences to make selling smarter, faster & more sustainable. We like building high-quality products that users love, powered by the latest technology and industry best practices, while learning as much as we can on the way there.
To help us do this, we’re looking to find a talented creative Frontend Developer to help us create digital user experiences that are a pleasure to use, easy to maintain and that perform like a dream.
Hey, you have done this before:
- You’re a problem solver with a creative eye who loves collaborating with a small team to make software that people love to use;
- You have a passion for writing maintainable and reusable code;
- You have a keen interest in usability and performance;
- Bonus: You love building highly-performing animations to add delight to digital experiences;
- And one more bonus: You have thorough hands-on experience with our specific tech stack.
Let’s do it even bigger and better:
- You will prototype, architect and build intuitive interfaces within an evolving software ecosystem;
- You will build & document reusable components to be included in our component system;
- Together with the frontend & design team, you will help maintain our living style guide and design system, ensuring consistency across our landscape;
- You will ensure cross-browser & cross-platform function, look and usability of our components and interfaces.
We work with modern technology & principles - we:
- Write our backend in Golang
- Write our frontend in TypeScript using React
- Communicate in GraphQL through ApolloClient
- Containerize with Docker
- But we love challenging our assumptions and decisions, so if you have an improvement and can convince the team, we’re all ears!
We want to work with nice people:
- Team player – You’re awesome and you know it, and you recognize other people are awesome too and you know collaboration leads to great results;
- Action-oriented – You are a self-starter and able to work and make independently sound decisions in a timely & budget conscious manner;
- Opinionated and humble – You have a clear view of how to do things right, and aren’t afraid to admit when you’re wrong either;
- Openhearted and ego-free – You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well.
We offer some pretty cool things:
- Challenging position in a small and growing team - you’ll be taking ownership over your domain and wearing many hats;
- Best of both worlds: work within a fast-moving team in a start-up environment while working on enterprise-level challenges for an established multinational corporation;
- Lots of room for professional & personal development on-the-job, including a wide range of courses at our internal PVH University to satisfy your appetite for learning;
- Big focus on personal well-being and a healthy work-life balance - and we mean it: no crunch-culture or having to put on your “work-face”;
- Inclusive and international group of fun & talented people;
- Nice & light office with an amazing view, full of plants and the occasional dog;
- And yes, we do the whole competitive salary & benefits, awesome vegetarian-friendly lunches, fun internal events, workstation-of-your-choice, etc. thing. As well as a bunch of other perks that come with working for a large fashion company.