About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Director of Buying Operations heads up the team that is responsible the team that is responsible for the purchasing operations Tommy Hilfiger, for Europe and Global.
Buying operations team is responsible for managing the purchase orders and vendor performance tracking, and on-time- availability. This team works in close collaboration internally with the Buying and Planning teams, Sourcing, Central Operations, and externally the Forwarders, Vendors and buying offices.
The position reports directly to the VP of Buying, Planning and Operations, and is key in driving process alignment and best practice sharing within own team and with external teams. The positions requires strong leadership skills to drive the team and the collaboration across all areas.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage learning and development of Buying Operations team and pursue structures that improve efficiencies and that are in alignment with functional objectives.
- Oversee activities of the Divisional Operations team, ensuring alignment across divisions in terms of operational excellence
- Manages the International Markets Operations team, responsible for Global purchasing of Tommy Hilfiger Europe product.
- Be in close contact with stakeholders across PVH to discuss operational performance and challenges on a cross-divisional level.
- Translate strategic projects (e.g. FMS, GTN, global VMS) into operational roadmaps for buying Operations and sourcing and drive appropriate implementation.
- Drive efficiency improvement (e.g. system efficiency, efficient collaboration between stakeholders) by analyzing current systems and best practice.
- Connect the divisions from E2E supply chain perspective, driving cross-divisional communication and learning.
- participate in cross company projects or lead smaller internal initiatives
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master degree Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent
- At least 8 years relevant experience in a supply chain role in an international fast moving environment, managing teams.
- Ability to understand complex (supply chain) processes, and general understanding of business and IT related processes
- Project management skills
- Passion for process improvement and driving change
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with ad hoc deadlines
- Strong communication skills and team player, ability to build networks
- Hands-on, result oriented and structured
- Ability to work in cross cultural teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel), SAP AFS / FMS
- Some travel may be required