About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Speed Lane team is at the heart of our end-to-end business transformation. Currently we focus on different Fast Track models across our businesses, brands and geographies to put the consumer at the center of everything we do. At its core, our roadmap is defined by a smarter, shorter, development calendar. This involves informed creative and strategic direction, well founded range development, intimacy with our vendors, collaborating with our wholesale channels, orchestrating our supply chain in tandem with our marketing and deriving actionable consumer insights.
Who are we? We are a team of strategic thinkers, innovators, passionate team players, brokers of change and structured delivery professionals. Who are we looking for? We are looking to complement our team with the best talent in the market that has a passion for our brands. Someone with a high IQ and high EQ, who can navigate complexity by compassionately understanding the individual contribution that each role plays in the aggregated picture. We are dedicated self-starters, flexible in our approach, and excellent communicators comfortable with working across functions, departments and geographic locations on a daily basis, all while living within PVH’s matrix organization.a
Two years ago we embarked on an exciting journey with PVH360, having a bold vision to get not only closer to our Consumer, but also faster to market while strengthening our alignment. To increase speed and feasibility of implementation, we solely focused on the seasonal calendar at that time. Speed Lane project is a “spin-off” from the PVH360, focusing currently on different Speed Lane models.
What is Speed Lane about?
Our mission as Speed Lane team is to bring a 360 degree thinking in everything we do based on the executional learnings we have made with PVH360. Our end-to-end process is about speed to elevate seasonal relevancy of the PVH brands and capitalize on the in season bestsellers to response to the consumer needs. Additionally, we will structure processes and create sustainable methodologies for different Speed Lanes that we will distinguish within PVH.
When listening to the people in the organization and our consumers, we realize we need to further increase our speed to market, to stay relevant and attractive. Taking into account all the learnings and best practices from our PVH360 implementation built up in the past 2 years, it is time to transfer this wealth of knowledge into the different levels of speed that are required to satisfy our nowadays demanding consumers. With Speed Lane we are:
- …seizing opportunities we did not see coming, because it was simply impossible to anticipate upon them
- …creating opportunities by taking risks, altering regular procedures, and keeping ownership and mandates closer to ourselves
- …creating scarcity and therefore new cravings amongst our consumers
- ….ensuring availability of our already beloved and proven products, to our consumers
- …offering the most relevant products, faster
- …combining all the different speed lanes into one holistic process and structure that makes sense for both PVH as well as the consumer
As a result, Speed Lanes should enable us to elevate our relevance amongst our competition and increase our profitability. All to be even closer to the heart of our consumers, at the moment they want us to be there.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager Speed Lane, the Junior Project Manager Speed Lane is responsible for supporting the designing, planning, executing, and evaluating of different Speed Lanes. Problem solving, connecting people, facilitating meetings and ensuring quality control are essential elements of this role.
- Supports the designing, planning, execution and controlling of Speed Lane with strong analytical focus and understanding of consumer-centric strategies
- Helps in the problem solving process: frames problems, guides analytical modeling, and through analysis provides insights into solutions
- Supports senior leaders and stakeholders in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor
- Acts as a contact person to the entire organization for project related tasks and various issues
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
- Is looking for true contribution of success and/or failures. Willing to pin professional success to the outcome of initiatives and not shying away from responsibility
- Supports meetings and workshops with all the levels of the organization
- Effectively supports the change driven by the project and is capable of steering the business in a new direction
- Has previous experience in project management and supporting and contributing inspiring people to grow and go the extra mile
- Understands and shows passion for the worldwide fashion and retail market in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments
- Affinity with lifestyle, fashion and/or consumer facing industries
- University degree from a leading business school/university
- 2-5 + years of experience either in project management, change management and project planning, preferably in a strategy consulting company, or an equivalent position in fashion, and/or retail environment
- Affinity with technology, data enablement, digital transformation and the human interaction that is central to their success
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational company or multi-national consulting firm is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally, including with senior leadership
- Strong personality, inspirational, convincing
- Project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strategic vision and creative thinking
- Understands the complexity of a matrix organization, capable of operating within one
- Effective communicator and influencer.
- Comfortable presenting in front of senior leadership audiences.
- Facilitates workshops and resolves possible conflict
- Ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong collaboration attitude and team play
- Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile and able to perform in a demanding work environment.
- Advanced level proficiency with MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality