About the Company
CALVIN KLEIN is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN brand products exceeded $8 billion in 2016 and were distributed in over 110 countries. Calvin Klein, Inc. employs over 10,000 associates globally. We were acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We have over 35,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and over $8 billion in annual revenues. We own the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands, as well as the digital-centric True & Co. intimates brand, and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger Underwear is a highly successful division at PVH Europe with huge opportunity for further growth. A market leader already in most territories, the strategy going forward is to both maintain and gain further leadership positioning, with focus on developing further the lifestyle element.
This division consists of the following teams:
- Merchandising – Responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets
- Design – responsible for the creation of the concept, colors direction, product and qualities of the fabrications to drive the business growth
- Planning – Drivers of the demand forecasting process, and responsible for placing and tracking buys for the full price businesses
- Brand Operations – The interface between the division, central ops and finance, ensuring that all divisional and financial targets are achieved, and supporting the Division on business operational projects
- Sales – Ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail. Supports the presentation of collections to country sales teams and key accounts
- Sourcing – drives the development process of product made for the European market. Working closely with Merchandising, factories and planning teams in order to deliver high-quality, profitable collections on-time to market
Responsible for driving the EMEA monthly demand forecast for a product group of the NOS (Never out of Stock) business in the Underwear division. Collaborate with sales managers in Europe, sales and merchandising team as input for the demand plan. Provide required NOS analysis and performance analysis to key stakeholders.
ResponsibilitiesThe position reports into the Demand Planning Manager for CK & TH Underwear, Swimwear and Performance Division
- Develop yearly demand plans for wholesale based on statistical forecasts, sales and demand analysis, accuracy report, and adjust the demand plan on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with Retail, Ecommerce, and ECI planners to improve NOS forecasts, providing accuracy reports regarding historic projections and challenging current ones
- Monthly create and present the forecast adjustments/summary in sign-off meetings with Production Planning team
- Liaise with markets during Monthly Demand Meetings and conduct analysis on NOS sales in order to obtain in-depth understanding of NOS performance and expected demand, facilitating more accurate demand planning
- Collaborate with Product Merchandising with regard to NOS collection to ensure data-driven decision-making
- Actively manage the NOS launch process, by gathering forecasts from markets, calculating optimal launch quantities, determining / adjusting sell-through rate or products at multiple stages (e.g. before, during, after launch) and developing demand plan
- Involved in (cross-functional / global) projects aimed at efficiency improvement
- Provide reporting on NOS performance to stakeholders on monthly basis and during quarterly meetings (e.g. QBR report, sales overviews and forecasts, offer composition, ABC overview)
- Educated to bachelor/master level; Education background: supply chain, economics, or any related quantitative field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Demand Planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious, Passionate & Personable
- Skills in gathering, interpreting and manipulating data
- Understanding of forecast error metrics
- Strong team player
- Proficiency with MS office with advance skills in Excel (Pivot Tables, Power Query, Power Pivot)
- SAP knowledge is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in English