The Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Sportswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe and includes next to the main men’s sportswear line, and accessories. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s sportswear presents 4 collections per year - 2 main season (Spring and Fall) and 2 smaller seasons (Summer/PreFall and Holiday/PreSpring).
The Design Manager Knits TH Menswear is responsible for driving the menswear knits categories, managing 5+ designers, to create innovative and commercial collections with an edge. The Design Manager would report into the VP Design Menswear.
The Design Manager needs to have a ‘hands-on’ mentality and excel at providing creative input, direction and inspiration as well as supporting with the day-to-day management of the design team. The Design Manager Wovens would of course work closely with the Design Manager Knits on vision and strategy for the men’s collection.
The Design Manager Knits would work on seasonal planning of the collections with the Design Director Wovens and Director of Merchandising.
The Design Manager Knits will support seasonal concepts, color cards, mood boards, fabric/yarn concepts and styling propositions. Translates trends into commercial knit/sweater related products. Focusing on innovation and developing a strong hand writing, showing leadership by controlling the workload and structuring the daily activities within the design category.
Create and achieve strong commercial collection, work to divisional calendar and range plans and deadlines in general. Required to travel frequently (up to 40% of the time) to fairs, inspiration trips and buying offices (mainly Far East).
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Great taste level and understanding of menswear
- 8-10 years Design experience is required, preferably within international brands
- With at least 3 years’ experience managing at least 3 people
- Able to push creativity with a commercial mentality, understands targets and should be aware of the financial impact on those decisions
- Fluent in English
- Excellent presenter, can convince people, is able to speak to sale’s and major key-accounts
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Adobe Photo Shop, and Illustrator
- Able to work in a fast moving environment
- Highly productive
- Strategic analytic thinking skills
- Excellent consumer insight and affinity
- Strong leadership skills
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities
- Able to drive creativity in others
Please apply with an up to date portfolio – Specializing in Knits & Jersey