About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
The Outlet team is a unique combination between business channels. It is a very dynamic environment and the ability to see the full supply chain process (production-warehouse-store) makes it interesting for students from different backgrounds.
As an intern for Outlet Merchandising-Production, you will get a clear insight from the start to finish of a product. Starting with building the collections, and ending with the final product that will be delivered in store. The intern will be supporting and gaining knowledge from both a Merchandising and Production perspective.
The intern will assist the merchants and production team in all job responsibilities including:
- Preparation for meetings: Assist the merchandise team with preparation and samples for adoption meetings and pre-adoption meetings.
- Competitive/trend analysis.
- Collection Book: Creating the collection book for the season.
- Weekly Reports from Oracle use to analyze the business every week.
- Hindsight Presentation: End of season reports for the team to analyze sales and best sellers.
- Range planning: Prepare templates for the team to use to build collections. Updating the range plans once the Line list is complete.
- Setting up the collection in PLM (product management software).
- Maintaining the BOM’s (Bill of Materials) for all styles, the BOM is the recipe of a garment.
- Sample management: Ordering and tracking samples.
- Daily e-mail communication with vendors/BO’s (Buying Offices) on product related subjects.
- Assist in checking prototypes, Pre-Production samples (PPS), lab-dips and strike-offs.
- Assist in keeping the Production Line List and PLM updated and in line.
- How to put a collection together.
- How to analyze the business in order to make decisions and apply this to the new collection.
- Understanding a product life cycle.
- Building relationships and understanding the entire supply chain for TH Outlet products.
- Gaining insight in various aspects of production such as fabrics, colors (dye techniques), prints, garment construction and fitting/measurement charts.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: International business, Business administration (HBO/University)
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel.