About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Jeans, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
In 2010, Tommy Hilfiger joined the PVH Corp. group, one of the world’s largest apparel companies. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
Within the Tommy Hilfiger Kids division, the Merchandising department fulfills a central role. It is the link between the Wholesale and Retail teams (via Sales Manager and Retail Department) and Design and Product Development on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various collections, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
The Merchandising intern supports the Kids Merchandising team and will get the opportunity to experience all the different stages of the go to market process.
This will be a supporting role in the day to day line management, maintaining merchandising tools and systems, preparing for global milestone meetings as well as several in season and post-sales activities.
- Establish close relationship with all Merchandising team members and cross functional partners to ensure smooth communications, efficient execution
- Provide market intelligence and feedback by being aware of key competitors, key trends
- Assist the merchandising team in administrative and organizational tasks such as writing and sending out recaps after meetings
- Assist the merchandising teams with samples coordination and management
- Provide accurate and timely maintenance of all relevant systems and tools
- Support the merchandising teams with preparation of key milestones: line reviews, global alignment meetings and market launch events
- Support the merchandising team during and after sell-in season (sales memo’s, weekly sales overviews, country additions)
- Proactively help with improvement of merchandising processes and tools
- Special divisional project during the internship period will be defined
- Gain insight and understanding of all aspects of a full collection development cycle, from planning to collection reviews to the final launch of a product and in season sales;
- In-depth knowledge of the merchandising process while working together with design, production and sales teams;
- Gain an understanding of a collection build up that meets the needs of the market, based on historical numbers, trend-forecasting and sales feedback.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
- Start Date: Summer 2019 - Duration is 6 Months
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University, Business Administration/Fashion Management or similar field
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office and Excel
- Experience in the Fashion industry is a plus
- Personality: High level of accuracy, organized and pro-active working approach, eager to learn, supportive and positive attitude.
PVH behavioral competences:
Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment