About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Jeans, accessories, and footwear, Underwear, Swimwear and Tommy Sport as the newest addition to the portfolio. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings.
Within the Tommy Sport division, the Merchandising department fulfills a central role. It is the link between Design and Product Development and Wholesale and Retail on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various seasonal programs, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with consumer and market developments and commercially successful in the marketplace. As we are a very young division, we are all about entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think outside the box
The Merchandising intern supports the Sports Merchandising team and will get the opportunity to experience all the different stages of the go to market process.
This will be a supporting role in the day to day line management, maintaining merchandising tools and systems, and preparing for milestone meetings. A research based project task can potentially be agreed on, helping both the merchandising team and intern to learn and develop, next to the day to day.
- Establish close relationship with all Merchandising team members and cross functional partners to ensure smooth communications, efficient execution
- Provide market intelligence and feedback by being aware of key competitors, key trends
- Assist the merchandising team in administrative and organizational tasks such as writing and sending out recaps after meetings
- Assist the merchandising teams with samples coordination and management
- Provide accurate and timely maintenance of all relevant systems and tools
- Support the merchandising teams with preparation of key milestones: line reviews, global alignment meetings and market launch events
- Proactively help with improvement of merchandising processes and tools
- Special divisional project during the internship period can be defined together
- Gain insight and understanding of all aspects of a full collection development cycle, from planning to collection reviews to the final launch of a product and in season sales;
- In-depth knowledge of the merchandising process while working together with design, production and sales teams;
- Gain an understanding of a collection build up that meets the needs of the market, based on historical numbers, trend-forecasting and sales feedback.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
- Start Date: Summer 2019 - Duration is 6 Months
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University, Business Administration/Fashion Management or similar field
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office and Excel
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workloads, and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Be a team player
- Personality: High level of accuracy, organized and pro-active working approach, eager to learn, resourceful, supportive and positive attitude.
PVH behavioral competences:
Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment