About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Underwear is the fastest growing division in Tommy. TH and CK Underwear teams are working together to create an “Underwear Powerhouse”. TH and brand ambassador Rafael Nadal launched the recent Fall 16 marketing campaign for underwear and Tailored.
Following this campaign there is a focus to grow the underwear business, to bring the TH underwear brand to the same position as market leader CK underwear-two of the most iconic premium lifestyle brands.
This role has been especially designed to provide support to the Merchandise Manager in executing a successful product merchandising strategy and the delivery of a collection that meets the European and International specific requirements, and that is in line with strategic company directives. In order to do that, you will be working closely to and provide daily operational and creative assistance and support to the Merchandise Manager and be responsible for managing data and internal processes, and coordinating and collaborating both internally within the Merchandising Teams and externally across Cross-functional departments. This is a very unique opportunity to work in multifunctional manner, both directly for and hand-in-hand with the Merchandise Manager across a diverse range of topics and gain invaluable insights and exposure to a broad spectrum of the commercial swimwear business and to the wider industry itself.
- Management of the merchandising data for Women’s Tommy Hilfiger Swimwear,
- Responsible of the PLM maintenance
- Supporting the manager on driving cross-functional alignment across the Swimwear Center of Excellence
- Helping to drive process and data management consistency through the daily maintenance of data systems and tools in a consistent manner
- Helping to coordinate departmental processes and deadlines and facilitating most efficient ways of working
- Conducting various research, analysis and contributing in creating merchandising tools
- Establishing a consistent merchandising reporting system, designed for continuous use throughout season
- Market research on competitors’, assortments and pricing
- Running regular reports and analysis on KPI and seasonal performance
- Own key tasks specific to market launch: samples tracking and processing, collection tools for i-pad, creation of seasonal look book, model booking etc.
- Supporting the Merchandising Manager on the sample order process from initial order through to delivery to showrooms and arrival at countries
- Supporting the Merchandising Manager in daily tasks, s.a. meeting organization, meeting minutes and follow up, creating presentations, etc.
- Participate in the communication with European and international markets, collect periodic feedback from the markets and key accounts
- Management of ad hoc cross-functional projects
Experience & Qualifications
- Education: higher (textile) education
- 3 years working experience in similar environment
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented
- Talented in organization
- Real passion for fashion
- Proactive and enthusiastic spirit
- Excellent English communication written and verbal
- Able to organize multiple tasks under pressures and deadlines
- Fast learner
- Excellent data analysis skills - able to extract qualitative meaning out of quantities data
- Outstanding knowledge in Excel and Power point
- Familiarity with PLM and Illustrator is advantageous but not necessary
- Ability to work in a team
- Interest and flair in products
- Eager to work in an international environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.