About the Company
About PVH Corp.
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010.
The TH Marketing & Communications Department sets strategy and plans for all marketing supporting the Tommy Hilfiger portfolio worldwide.
Brand Marketing delivers best-in-class, Consumer-relevant Marketing Strategies and Campaigns that support the brand and business goals. We achieve this by driving integrated communication campaigns that deliver clear, powerful brand messages and desirability; from sell-in (trade), to sell-through (consumer).
Our common goal is to be a world-class marketing department that drives sustainable equity and sales growth through a powerful combination of art and science
Director, Consumer Marketing (World of Tommy), is the Strategic brand marketing function within the Global Marketing & Communications team and provides the strategy to communicate the Tommy Hilfiger business in a consistent and focused manner, keeping the brand essence as point-of-reference, and fulfilling Divisional (Business Unit) & Brand objectives.
The primary remit is to develop and steer the strategy and marketing direction for the assigned Lifestyle Segment and the Divisional Business Units across functions, in accordance with the over-arching TH brand and business goals and objectives.
Reporting to the VP, Brand Marketing, Tommy Hilfiger Global, the Director, Consumer Marketing, World of Tommy, will heavily influence and drive the Lifestyle segment direction, execute strategies to effective tactical plans, steer and develop the assigned team to work effectively cross functionally to deliver the overall lifestyle vision as rich and relevant to the consumer, while leading and developing the Lifestyle Segment team
The goal is to bring the Tommy Hilfiger brand image to the next level while understanding the competitive environment and ensuring that our product is elevated and preferred choice of the consumer. The position is responsible for the development of dedicated marketing communications & product support programs and the fulfillment from beginning to end in a fully effective & efficient manner. This function will also manage a number of direct report(s).
A thorough understanding of the brand positioning and competitive environment is required in order to develop unique and innovative marketing communications plans.
Key responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Deeply understand the overall TH portfolio business’ vision, strategic objectives & actions and the financial targets in order to develop effective marketing toolboxes and initiatives to support the key business goals at a global, regional and key market level for the assigned lifestyle segment and Business
- Positively represent the Lifestyle Segment both internally and externally
- Work closely with counterparts in Marketing and across the business to ensure a balance and complimentary positioning of all lifestyle segments and Divisions
- Monitor and understand the Divisional categories’ product financials (sell-in & sell-through-rates, number of articles, volumes per article etc) and initiate business led marketing action to support the Divisional Business Unit & Lifestyle Segment
- Direct the assigned team to ensure proper implementation of the Brand, Lifestyle segment & Divisional Business Unit strategies;
- Establish close working relationship with the Divisional leadership team to deliver holistic and unified concepts that best support and contribute to the goals of the lifestyle segment and Business Unit Divisions
- Parnter closely with the VP of Divisional BU, Market & Consumer Insights and the VP Brand Marketing Strategy & Management to build short-, mid- and long term marketing plans to support the business objectives
- Set targets to achieve Divisional Business Unit category goals and manage the appropriate marketing budgets therein
- Establish a close working relationship with the respective marketing and business teams in regions and markets
- Act as a cross-functional marketing team lead for the respective Lifestyle segment
- Shape & inform the Divisional BU product marketing go-to-market process in close relationship with Div BU, Brand Merch and wider business ensuring perfect alignment to the assigned Lifestyle segment
- Identify key business opportunities and risks; respond to them by initiating key action steps with relevant BU functions and x-functional partners;
- Drive business relevant initiatives to support Wholesale, e-Commerce and own retail in their mid & long-term goals through close working relationships
- Integrate all relevant units in the strategy planning and Go-To-Market phases in order to deliver effective marketing solutions (Divisional BU team, DBT, Brand Merch, Specialists Marketing
- Foster a strong relationship and ensure constant dialogue and feedback with assigned Lifestyle Segment across all functions, other Segments and Divisional BUs and wider Cross-functional marketing team as well as, as relevant: Design, Development, Brand Merch, Omnichannel, Regions & Markets
- Lead and development your team
The Ideal Candidate:
- International mindset with a good head for strategy and flawless execution of campaigns, concepts and projects
- A strong understanding and affinity to create holistic and consumer-centric strategies
- Expert project management and organization skills; deadline, fact & quality focused, proven experience of delivering successful projects – able to multitask in a fast paced and best-in-industry environment
- Collaborative; able to liaise and influence across different levels of the organization
- Resourceful and capable of thriving in a corporate, ‘matrix’, fast-moving environment
- Highly energetic, inquisitive and detail-oriented
- Analytical mindset with an ability to extract insights from data
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills: negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills (stakeholders)
- Ability to travel minimum 20%
- No 9-5 mentality
- University degree or similar in marketing , communications or business studies or significant equivalent work experience in a relevant industry (ideally in apparel, sportswear, fashion, consumer lifestyle goods)
- 10+ years successful track record in integrated communications for Fashion, Luxury or FMCG brands. Agency experience a plus; global and/or Regional experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Mac programs (Pages, Keynote)
- Business-level English (written & verbal) as well as powerful communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Fashion experience and/or strong interest in design and popular culture
- Additional language skills a plus
- International mindset
- Trainings and courses for self development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A newly built campus with gyms, cafes, amazing lunches, and plenty of company events