About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who will work in the Corporate Responsibility team at our European head-office in Amsterdam.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Start date: Aug 2019. Duration is 6 months.
- It is a requirement that the candidate is still enrolled in a university or school program.
- Educational requirements: University. Subject of studies: : Textiles, business administration, environmental science, sustainable development (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of sustainable business
- Strong in analytical and research skills
- IT skills: Excellent in MS Office especially Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English
The individual will support on several key projects for the CR team that fall under Environmental Sustainability and Vendor Performance programs:
- Research, investigation and support on sustainability programs as required.
- Support in engagement activities with our Sourcing departments
- Support in conducting country stakeholder analysis
- Assist in ongoing CR projects
- Assist in preparation of CR events, projects and trainings
- Support in preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Preparation of data charts and graphs for presentations and reporting activities.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Hands-on attitude
- Solutions oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Passion for sustainability and related topics
- Creative and open-minded
- Adaptable and able to work individually as well as in a team.
- Organized and methodical
- Good communication skills
- Learn the impact of our business towards the environment, and vice versa
- Learn different opportunities to asses and improve environmental performance of production/supply chain
- Gain knowledge and understanding around the impact of more sustainable product, processes, standards and programs,
- Get an insight into the apparel and footwear supply chain
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.