About the Company
With a history going back over 130 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We have over 30,000 associates operating in over 40 countries with over $8 billion in revenues. We own the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fuelled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The MEA+ Group is one of the most dynamic organizations within PVH. We are developing the PVH brands (Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein) in Greece, Middle East, Israel and Africa. Our business approach is multifaceted in order to optimize the positioning of PVH in our markets. We are driven by excellence and dedicated to give our best to drive the growth across our regions. Within the MEA+ team we have a diverse group of people coming from different areas of the world such as Italy, Austria, Belgium and Poland to name a few, however everyone really understands "the language of Retail". This is one of the reasons why we believe the potential Intern will learn a lot from working with us. The office environment is one that is always energetic and with a flurry of activity. This is in part due to the fast paced countries that we work with. One of the benefits from working within the MEA+ office is that we have several different functions sitting together working on our common goals. This creates an environment that is conducive to team spirit and open/supportive working relationships. This person will learn how to communicate well with others within our office and also the extended offices within Amsterdam and our Partners abroad.
The candidate will support the Retail and VM MEA+NL teams on many different subjects:
VM MEA+NL Calvin Klein tasks:
- VM Digital guidelines: implementation of specific guidelines for the MEA+ region. In particular windows and in-store set up.
- VM basic development: attending at store openings, global guidelines shooting, showroom presentations, monthly windows and in-store implementations.
Retail MEA+NL Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein tasks:
- RFID implementation across the NL. They will be supporting the stores with training, reporting, measuring and validation results, and to define a new stock take processes alongside the Retail team
- GKPOS software update. Their role will be creation of training, monitoring of project, reporting, supporting the project management
Our internship offers bright, motivated individuals the opportunity to receive mentorship, supervision, and training while gaining valuable and realistic hands-on experience and an introduction to the fashion industry. This person will gain valuable working experience in a lively atmosphere that will surely benefit them in their career for many years after they have left.
- Start date for the internship: July 2019. Duration: 6 months
- The candidate should be enrolled in a school or a university for the entire period of internship.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, speaking and writing, other languages are a benefit
- IT skills: Good in MS Office especially Excel
- Technical: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) it’s a must
- Technical: SAP and Oracle are a benefit
- Creative, passionate for fashion, willing to learn, positive spirit and an open-mindset
- Is naturally detailed in delivery of work
- Employment type: full-time