About the Company
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The department has a family atmosphere as it is one of the smallest in TH. We are one of the fatest growing departments so there is a lot of expectation on our team to make existing product and deliver on time. The internship enables a full understanding of product lifecycle and adherence to following a critical path. The intern on TH Accessories is familiar with all members of our team, and due to fast pace of 360 and tight timelines, we need the intern to be approachable for ad-hoc tasks and learn fast.
You will be an part of the team, with focus on support to the product developer for TH Men’s, Tommy Jeans and Tommy Sports Accessories.
This role is admin based, not design based.
The intern will be exposed to the development process from R&D, to design and finally SMS. There will be opportunity to attend development meetings and participate with respect to their own area of responsibility, and to sit in when their direct manager is not available.
The PD intern is including in the team meetings and has a important role to play - samples samples samples! Coordinating and organizing is critical to the success of the role.
Dependent on the intern’s aptitude, they will have the chance to manage a project, this can be anything from researching and developing packaging, to new techniques of leather and trims. The intern will earn great insight into the development process, and have contact with the design team and PD team every day.
TH ACCS: Samples : Maintenance / Organization
- Be responsible for all samples – including inbound, outbound, tidying, organizing, tracking.
- Coordinate the wear trials and prepare the report, manage sample requests from other department and send samples to warehouse
- Track and trace down parcels that are send to the attention of the Design/ PD team
- To send out parcels for design and PD (TH only), buying office and direct vendors, as well and follow up with invoice, images and tracking details.
To swiftly and accurately organize our physical material library on a daily basis to ensure it is aligned with the information on PLM (admin system)
- Organize seasonal material folders, lab dips and strike offs. Ensure these are signed, dated and filed in a timely manner
- To maintain and update the lab dip chart and track the inbound lab dips
- To make sure that the material library and hardware library are organized and coordinate inbound research material
- To follow up with China on updating material codes on PLM, including all trims (webbing/ lining) and Hardware
- Coordinate and input the collection data into the system: This regard all PD info and BOM (bill of material).
- Maintain and update PD info on the system – This includes, developer, sizing, factory allocation, buying office, quote, net weight, dimension, pack time, commodity code
- Create the vendor requests and add/delete styles are they are added by Merchandising
- Create and update the BOM’s at all sample stages
- Maintaining the BOM’s by updating the materials/trims/hardware according to the material sheet and CBD
- Update the comments onto the system (GAM COMMENTS/ PRE-SMS COMMENTS/ PP COMMENTS)
- R&D (Research and development) data creation and uploading photos and status updates of materials
- To put together the seasonal color palette
- To manage the weekly PD agenda
Requirements: Good sense of logic, organized, motivated, can-do attitude! Can stay calm under pressure.
What can you expect from us?
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in the heart of Amsterdam;
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality and individuality;
- A culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities;
- Sample sales!
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities;
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture.
- A team with a close, family atmosphere
- Team meetings with drinks and social events
- Access to the amazing Peoples Place Gym