The Procurement department functions as an internal consultant for the rest of the organization. The department’s objective is to provide detailed information on the operational, non-merchandise spend and identifies where savings can be made. The team researches the market for new vendors that can deliver valuable services/goods to PVH and executes tenders to make sure we get the best product for the best price delivered at the best time. By using extensive processes of contract management and vendor management, we ensure that our vendors keep performing their best for our organization. The Procurement department has strong collaboration with every aspect of the business and advices on new possibilities. We have a strong focus on ensuring our vendors help implement our sustainability targets.
Are you passionate about the fashion industry and see an important role for being a bridge between the supply market and the organization, then this role is for you!
The Procurement Intern will report into the Procurement Manager for IT/Facilities and will assist the Procurement Managers in ensuring efficiency and consistency in all phases of the procurement life cycle.
- Data analysis of spend reports;
- Preparing tender documentation;
- Performing market analysis in search of new vendors and innovative solutions;
- Preparing business cases (with cost-benefit analysis and ROI analysis);
- Executing vendor performance rating;
- Analysis of sustainability implementation.
- University level bachelor’s (final year or just graduated);
- Study area in economics, econometrics, business, finance or supply chain management.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Likes to work with numbers;
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of topics and stakeholders;
- High standards of sustainability;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in a multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment;
- Excellent MS PowerPoint and Excel skills.
During this internship you will learn how to maneuver in a large organization and interact with a variety of stakeholders from different departments. You will learn how to execute tender processes and how to setup contracts in collaboration with the Legal team. You will get insights in how purchases are made and how to strategically position your supplier base. Additionally, you will gain knowledge on how to achieve sustainability targets.