About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH employs over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries, speaking 20 languages and generating over $8.2 billion in revenues in 2016. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein and certain license businesses. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fuelled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Analytics & Business Intelligence Centre (ABI) based in Amsterdam is a designated group of Advanced Analytics (AA) & Business Intelligence (BI) professionals with the time and collective know how to:
- maximize the company’s BI investments;
- mapping out Business Intelligence Strategies; and
- driving Advanced Analytics.
The Analytics & Business Intelligence Department has been established to consolidate all of AA and BI efforts under one roof to create powerful business insights.
The Analytics & Business Intelligence Department is supporting and advising the sales organisations and product divisions on:
- generating standard reporting on key performance indicators for the business,
- creating insights through analytics on sales & distribution, inventory, supply chain and product development data and
- master data policies, governance, standards and monitoring tools.
The ABI has functional teams in the area of (i) Business Partnering, (ii) Report Engineering, (iii) Data Science, (iv) Data Warehouse Development, (v) Master data Governance who work together in a cross functional project organization format and (vi) Support.
Intern Data Engineer
As an Intern Data Engineer in the data warehouse team, you work in our development team on a data engineering assignment.
You will work in an agile way with the data scientist team, data warehouse developers and business analyst colleagues to analyze the huge amount of data and build end-to-end integration solutions between different source systems and platforms.
Our team is young, enthusiastic, dynamic and pragmatic. The company is evolving quickly so we have to adapt to changes.
- Work on assignment in the big data platform team
- Learn about the technologies PVH uses to ingest data into our platform
- Have fun while doing the assignment!
- Position reports to Manager Big Data Development & Architecture
- Affinity with Data Analytics and Data modelling
- Interests in IT technologies
- University (WO) or College level IT related study