About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Tommy Hilfiger Underwear is one of the fastest growing categories at PVH Europe with further future potential. The division’s strategy going forward is to develop a leadership positioning, with focus on developing further the underwear and loungewear lifestyle business, amongst others through creating a bespoke collection targeting the Global market. This division consists of the following teams:
- Merchandising – Responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets
- Design – responsible for the creation of the concept, colors direction, product and qualities of the fabrications to drive the business growth
- Planning – Drivers of the demand forecasting process, and responsible for placing and tracking buys for the full price businesses
- Brand Operations – The interface between the division, central ops and finance, ensuring that all divisional and financial targets are achieved
- Sales – Ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail. Supports the presentation of collections to country sales teams and key account
- Sourcing – drives the development process of product made for the European market. Working closely with Merchandising, factories and planning teams in order to deliver high-quality, profitable collections on-time to market
This is a management role responsible for the creation and implementation of a regional product collection in the swimwear and lifestyle categories across men’s and women’s.
The position reports directly into the Senior Director Merchandising and is the key product creation representative for the region for all full price channels. The role encompasses the creation of seasonal product merchandising plans which is focused on a seasonal product but also works with important carry-over business. A strong knowledge of the product requirements for each European market and making sure that these requirements translate into product is key. Since this position is a crucial connecting function between the different departments in the development and merchandising process, the candidate must possess both - very strong creative and analytical skills in an outbalanced way. He or she will also have great communication, negotiation and influencing skills, not only in order to deliver an on-target collection that will drive sales, but also to ensure synergies within the Swimwear centre of excellence including CK Swimwear as well as possible collaborations with the other TH divisions (s.a. TH Jeans, TH Sportswear/Womenswear).
- Reports to the Senior Director Merchandising
- Be the product creation specialist for the European region and the point of contact for all channels and departments
- Create seasonal merchandising plans and drive cross-departmental execution between Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Planning, Sales and Marketing/PR/Visual Merchandising
- Work closely with Marketing/PR/Visual Merchandising departments on a seasonal marketing plan which will raise brand awareness and drive sales
- Present product strategy to the relevant markets and ensure launches are correctly supported
- Partner with Planning/Forecasting on all pre-market buying commitments and projections
- Managing and empowering a 4 headcount team, with 2 Managers as direct reports
- Master Degree (best in Fashion Merchandising or a related field)
- 5+ years work experience in apparel/swimwear product creation or merchandising
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of creative and analytical skills – in an outbalanced way
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel and Power Point; PDM literate is a plus
- Experience with team responsibility
- Passionate fashion embassador
- Some travel may be required